Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy II - Robert Kraft on spending: In business to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Mac Jones has great pocket presence. And look where his ball goes. The accuracy. He knows where to put the ball for the receivers. Underrated and understated.

If Pats didnt close these signings today. Mac Jones would have been rocked next season.

But these signings pave the pay for him to succeed

However the question is, if he will fall to 15

Teams picking 7 to 14 should throw the bait at Bill, that they will take Jones unless Pats include an additional pick

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We also got Jalen Mills from the Eagles. Can play both CB and SS.

He has some concerning allegations on his record though...

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
I’m seeing Mills as filling Harmon type roll as just additional safety on the field with DMac deep and Chung back in the mix in the box and on TEs...a full offseason for dugger, like this move, Chung has never really stayed healthy a whole year anyways

People thought Chung was awful in philly too and then he came home and has been more than serviceable, can never have too many dbs for our secondary packages, be nice to pair them with a pass rush too

Reactions: bbfan419

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It will be tricky. At 45 or whatever they are picking with the 2nd. Mond and Trask likely wont be available

They can trade one or both comp picks (plus their regular picks) to move up if they want. Not their usual style, but neither is spending like drunken sailors on day 1 of free agency.....

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They can trade one or both comp picks (plus their regular picks) to move up if they want. Not their usual style, but neither is spending like drunken sailors on day 1 of free agency.....

Imo kind of a waste of time. The real prize is Wilson or Jones. Jones more realistic

I wouldnt be surprise if Bill trades a future 1st to get into 7-9 range and make sure to draft Jones

Otherwise what is the point of signing these FAs

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Re-signing Andrews, Guy and bringing in Samuel on top of what theyve done already would be a big win.

I'd love Adam Butler back, but I think he's probably priced himself out.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Meh. I get it, but he doesn't do much to move the needle there.

They need a playmaker type. Samuel fits that bill so much, even at the cost.

He'd be a good complimentary piece.
Both 49ers WRs the Pats have been linked to. Maybe greasing the skids for Jimmy to come back.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Re-signing Andrews, Guy and bringing in Samuel on top of what theyve done already would be a big win.

I'd love Adam Butler back, but I think he's probably priced himself out.

I would rather bring back Butler than Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad