Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy II - Robert Kraft on spending: In business to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
yeah, but its the classic bridge QB set up.

Throw Cam out there for another year while Bill spends a year tutoring Jones
I agree that it is clear that Cam isnt a long term option for the Patriots. All Im saying is that you could apply Cam coming back to them drafting any of the 1st round QBs available. Could probably actually make the case that Cam coming back means they are leaning towards one of those 1st rounders that is in the Cam mold and is more mobile than Jones

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Jones isn't making it to 15. There will be 5 QBs taken in the top 10 guaranteed. Easiest money you'll ever make.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Jones isn't making it to 15. There will be 5 QBs taken in the top 10 guaranteed. Easiest money you'll ever make.

I disagree

More than half already have starting QBs for next season

Having a really expensive backup qb is sort of a waste of money. Especially when these teams have other needs

Reactions: bbfan419

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Not saying Jones will be available at 15 (guaranteed).

Maybe Bill also likes Trask at 15 as a backup plan

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I honestly think the top 4 picks are QB's....Not sure of the odds but I am going to put some sheckels on it when I see it.

Lawrence and Wilson locks top 2 picks.

Fields going 3 to someone moving up

Lance to Atlanta, no brainer with Ryan still having a couple years.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I disagree

More than half already have starting QBs for next season

Having a really expensive backup qb is sort of a waste of money. Especially when these teams have other needs

Which means almost half DON'T have a qb. Pretty simple math.

Look at the top 9 picking teams in the draft. Only Cincy and maybe Detroit aren't looking to improve their qb room.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You won't find a bigger Kyle Trask/Florida Gator fan than me. Hell, look at my User Name.

Kyle Trask at #15 would be a monumental mistake.

Why? In some ways Trask has better tools at the next level. Bigger size and heftier weight. Jones has a better arm

Trask went head to head(stats) vs Jones last season. Even at the sec game. Alabama was just loaded

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mac Jones has great pocket presence. And look where his ball goes. The accuracy. He knows where to put the ball for the receivers. Underrated and understated.

Reactions: EvilDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad