Speculation: Off-Season 2013 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Schedule (finally) incoming!

Really hoping to make it down to Tampa for a game this season. My fiancee has a conference in Orlando this winter, so as long as the Bolts have a home game or two during it I might just piggyback down for it.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
Her voice was like fingernails on a chalk board for me, and hope the replacement sounds better.

yeah. she's a very pretty gal but her voice just wasn't meant to boom over an entire arena's sound system.

which is weird because the few times she did the anthem, it was actually pretty good.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
@RealStamkos91
https://twitter.com/RealStamkos91/status/358485827661209600
I think we had a good time at @NateThompson44 wedding ... Suck it in boyzzzz @teddypurcell16 pic.twitter.com/ylZVGsxsvr

FRrn0W4.jpg

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
I have a concern. Yzerman seems to be developing a pattern of using free agency to bring in nice, quiet, mild mannered players much like himself. Guys like Filppula, Carle, Salo seem to be his preference. Yes, those are good players, and that personality type tend to be good teammates, but we already have a pretty mild mannered team to begin with. The guys didn't show much determination/willpower/fire in the belly last season, so if we keep bringing in more mild natured guys where will the fire come from, other than Cooper himself?

We do draft feisty guys, but that's not who we bring in through free agency. It seems like different parts of the org. are on different pages. This may be nothing to worry about, they may have a plan to balance these things out, but I thought I should raise the thought to a conscious level.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I have a concern. Yzerman seems to be developing a pattern of using free agency to bring in nice, quiet, mild mannered players much like himself. Guys like Filppula, Carle, Salo seem to be his preference. Yes, those are good players, and that personality type tend to be good teammates, but we already have a pretty mild mannered team to begin with. The guys didn't show much determination/willpower/fire in the belly last season, so if we keep bringing in more mild natured guys where will the fire come from, other than Cooper himself?

We do draft feisty guys, but that's not who we bring in through free agency. It seems like different parts of the org. are on different pages. This may be nothing to worry about, they may have a plan to balance these things out, but I thought I should raise the thought to a conscious level.

Is Detroit filled with a feisty, ill-tempered roster?

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Is Detroit filled with a feisty, ill-tempered roster?

Detroit doesn't have problems with mental toughness/determination. The concerns I brought up were that Yzerman might be overdoing the nice guy thing, and that the scouting dept. and Cooper seem to like feisty guys so maybe the org. should talk about that and get on the same page. Maybe they already have, I'm not privy to the inner workings of the team. I'm just going by how things appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad