Odds the Leafs actually keep this year’s first round pick?

Will the Leafs actually have a 1st round pick this year heading into the draft?

• Total voters

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
The Chicago Blackhawks were masters at trading players who were about to become free agents. That management team would have traded JVR for something last year and Gardiner this year before the deadline.

Remember when Stan Bowman convinced the Leafs into trading its second-round (51st overall) and fourth-round (117th) and a fourth-round pick in 2014 for Dave Bolland?

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Well we have a few options and assets to trade to improve our defense if push comes to shove. We have Nylander and our draft picks. It's just a matter of when and how at this point.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
My guess is that it will go as part of a package (maybe with Willie?) to upgrade our RHD.
My dream?
Willie, Zaitsev, 1st rounder for PK.
Considering contracts I think Willie alone gets you PK

Considering al the “windows” I’ve lived through, generally I would say the GM should never trade a first, and if so, only ever in the current draft, never in the future.

As others have said, we are going to need those inexpensive quality players more and more in the future.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Chicago Blackhawks were masters at trading players who were about to become free agents. That management team would have traded JVR for something last year and Gardiner this year before the deadline.

Remember when Stan Bowman convinced the Leafs into trading its second-round (51st overall) and fourth-round (117th) and a fourth-round pick in 2014 for Dave Bolland?

Contenders don't sell at the deadline, that does not happen, and the Leafs look like contenders so I wouldn't be on them selling, IF Gardiner was traded I suspect it's in a package for a better D man

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Considering contracts I think Willie alone gets you PK

Considering al the “windows” I’ve lived through, generally I would say the GM should never trade a first, and if so, only ever in the current draft, never in the future.

As others have said, we are going to need those inexpensive quality players more and more in the future.
Ah, the key in my proposal is the Trojan Horse, Zaitsev.
We need him to go to clear the cap space for PK.
That's why we add a first rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad