Post-Game Talk: October 6, 2016| Flyers 4 at NYR 2 | preseason

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
You never have anything to add to the conversation but this do you?

Travis and Provo looked great.

Streit had one of his best games in years.

Giroux and Simmonds showed why they are who they are.

Neuvy was above average and our goaltending situation should be solid all year.

I like how Hak was experimenting during the game with line combos. He's a very smart coach who is only going to get better in year 2.

Schultz showed why there is nothing that separates him from his other two competitors for the number 6 spot.

Sure, I can talk about other things, but it's always fun to talk about MANDOG :)

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ

I like how Hak was experimenting during the game with line combos. He's a very smart coach who is only going to get better in year 2.

Schultz showed why there is nothing that separates him from his other two competitors for the number 6 spot.

Sure, I can talk about other things, but it's always fun to talk about MANDOG :)

Wow...I didn't know you had it in you to compliment anyone else on the team. Bravo!

So now your posting history is 99% Brandon Manning and 1% Flyers. Keep up the good work!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think Hextall keeps them both as they are both forcing multiple other guys out. Konecny is better than anyone not named Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds or Schenn. Provorov is better than anyone not named Gostisbehere or DelZotto.

You missed Couturier. But yes, Konecny firmly has a top 6 role with us.

I think he meshes well with Voracek because Jake likes to roam all over the ice like TK does. They can just cover where ever the the goes instead if thinking "I need to be on the left".

And the benefit is that Raffl drops to the 3rd line where he is more effective and suited for once Schenn returns from suspension.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

You were so close, literally inches. A full post but you had to add his name in last word. Just let reality set in. This is his last year of hockey. Think to the future. Practice understanding he won't be here next year or anywhere really.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
You missed Couturier. But yes, Konecny firmly has a top 6 role with us.

I think he meshes well with Voracek because Jake likes to roam all over the ice like TK does. They can just cover where ever the the goes instead if thinking "I need to be on the left".

And the benefit is that Raffl drops to the 3rd line where he is more effective and suited for once Schenn returns from suspension.

Agree on coots. Has looked really really good and confident coming back from world cup

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Sitting in the office, I looked out of the window. The sky is blue, beautifully blue. I would not replace anything in that view. I would just substitute the blue color with 47.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Konecny really just gives our offense so much depth. The top 6 has no weak links and just as importantly you have guys like raffl playing 3rd line where they can be more effective. Also when injuries occur, the depth isn't completely wrecked either as Weise and Raffl are definitely capable fill ins for the top 6. I don't see how Konecny is left off the team at this point. He really just makes the offense much more complete.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Provorov playing special teams really makes the decision much easier. Wish he would shoot a little bit more because he has a great shot

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I think a

Raffl-Cousins-Weiss line could work out well. I don't know if there will be much offense though. Laughton has struggled. Inno if you can just give him a roster spot at this time.

Also is Read hurt? Seems like he might be one of the cuts / if possible traded. Last night it seemed like it was our starting lineup. Not a positive for Read to not be on it.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Konecny really just gives our offense so much depth. The top 6 has no weak links and just as importantly you have guys like raffl playing 3rd line where they can be more effective. Also when injuries occur, the depth isn't completely wrecked either as Weise and Raffl are definitely capable fill ins for the top 6. I don't see how Konecny is left off the team at this point. He really just makes the offense much more complete.

Hextall: "In a perfect world Konecny is not on this team."

Kidding...

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So they have to carry Alt/Laughton/Manning on cap, but they can't use them.

They have to dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G.

They'd like to have an extra F, D.

Active Roster of 23, carry 26 players. To CapFriendly I go....

I don't think it can actually be done. Best he can do is carry 1F or 1D.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Alt can go on SOIR.

Ok, so he can go, but any living Dman who can play breaks the cap limit.

And you know what, I had Schenn playing, which he can't, so right now I made a 600K cap space team with zero forwards and zero dmen extra.

I hate to say it guys, but I think Hextall has to send Konecny back down to juniors.

That's waiving MacDonald, keeping Read & Lyubimov.

Manning/Laughton/Schenn are the "extras"

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Aren't Laughton and Manning both hurt now?

Laughton is out 3-4 weeks.

Manning is week to week and the next game isn't for a week, so I think they could go on the road trip with him as the 7th.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ok, so he can go, but any living Dman who can play breaks the cap limit.

And you know what, I had Schenn playing, which he can't, so right now I made a 600K cap space team with zero forwards and zero dmen extra.

I hate to say it guys, but I think Hextall has to send Konecny back down to juniors.

That's waiving MacDonald, keeping Read & Lyubimov.

Manning/Laughton/Schenn are the "extras"

He most certainly does not have to.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm not a capologist. I'm tapping out on this. I can only use the tools I have and every time I make a team I'm over the cap, so for this I'm out. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad