Post-Game Talk: October 6, 2016| Flyers 4 at NYR 2 | preseason

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
And then with all that room, he just skates it into the corner, and then takes a zero angle shot that ends up sending play the other way.

It's not like he was awful tonight by his standards (just usual Schultz), but it's so obvious it'll neuter Ghost. Don't neuter a Ghost.

I just hope Hextall doesn't overvalue him as the year goes on & tries to keep him on. They should have a viable in house option in Morin who should be an improvement over him as the season progresses.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They made a switch late in the first of Weal & Schenn for a while which did a good job of neutering the first line there until the switched back in the third.

I really don't think Weal's an NHLer regardless but it's not going to be on the wing if for whatever reason he proves otherwise.

I feel bad for him because he flashes things and he is definitely working his ass off out there, but he just seems AAAA. I wish he'd just be traded to a team who could give him his fair chance.

10-28-17
63-14-93
12-52-22

That needs to be their top 9. PEB looked really really good at wing. He should be a lock in bottom 6. 4LW Read or Lyub can fight to the death for. I understand what the logic is, but I'm still very skeptical of the reality of Boyd Gordon.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Tonight's game showed 2 things. 4rw and 6th d are the final battles
I think the top 9 we get our wishes with Kone joining line 2 and raffl playing 3lw
Peb moves to 4lw is going to be huge
Read, vdv, weal and lyubimov will battle for 4rw and 13th forward
Manning Schultz and amac will fight it out for 6th d

Laughton seems a lock to head to ahl post injury

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Laughton needs some AHL time to rediscover his game. Once he does, he needs to bring that game at the NHL level. If he cant, he cant.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not sure if we looked good or the Rangers looked bad

You decide (courtesy of Silverfish):

DjGtPk2.png

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Only watched the 1st period. Did Konecny get moved to Voracek's line? I didn't think the Tk-Peb-Weiss line was working well.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Vesey has been fine. Just not great. I have no idea what to expect from him going forward. It wouldn't shock me if he becomes an all-star, nor would it be terribly surprising if he becomes a career 3rd liner.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Vesey has been fine. Just not great. I have no idea what to expect from him going forward. It wouldn't shock me if he becomes an all-star, nor would it be terribly surprising if he becomes a career 3rd liner.

Drake Cagguila will have a better career and the bidding for him was far less annoying. Different situation I know.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
During the first period the power went out at our place... didn't get it back until the start of the 3rd. I was totally blown away at how great Konecny looked. I love how he hounded the puck off the Ranger closer to the end of the game then threw that nifty backhand pass onto Voraceks tape. When Konecny was on the ice, you noticed.

Provy is totally making the team, that's a given. I'll be really disappointed if they send TK back to the juniors.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I think Hextall keeps them both as they are both forcing multiple other guys out. Konecny is better than anyone not named Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds or Schenn. Provorov is better than anyone not named Gostisbehere or DelZotto.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not sure there is a single argument for sending the Neck down. He's been one of the best players on the ice... period.

I just don't see how they do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad