• 3. Giroux

Box score/summary: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20162017/GS010089.HTM

CuIN4baVUAEk49W.jpg

th

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's not even funny how much better the entire team looked when Cousins went back to 3C, PEB on the wing, and Konecny to 2LW.

Now, if Schultz could get a restraining order from Ghost, that'd be greeeeat.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
If for some stupid reason Hextall only wanted to keep one prospect, I'd be much more upset if Konecny was the one cut.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not sure if we looked good or the Rangers looked bad

We dominated the 3rd. It was very good.

1st and 2nd were sloppy by both teams but our Powerplay was excellent.

Rangers games at MSG always seem to be trash hockey but we managed to get going in the 3rd.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Provy looks like an minute eating monster. First pass is just so strong. He's still can drift in his own end and he tends to be afraid to take a slap shot but everything else is absolutely perfect. Streit and him were the teams best pair tonight

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Well they were missing Nash & McDonaugh.

Does that really equate to what we saw tonight? Nash holds the puck too long and is a defensive liability, and McDonagh has been a shell of the player he was even 2 years ago. Dare I say it, but this team looks GOOD, and not just in a "I'm a Philly fan that has perpetual hope" type scenario. If, and this is a big if, they keep Provorov and Konecny up for the whole season, I honestly believe we could do some damage.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It's not even funny how much better the entire team looked when Cousins went back to 3C, PEB on the wing, and Konecny to 2LW.

Hakstol tried, it didn't work, put the guys back to where they were supposed to go. With Laughton hurt, the Top 3 lines are a lot easier to assign.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If for some stupid reason Hextall only wanted to keep one prospect, I'd be much more upset if Konecny was the one cut.

Provorov was solid all game.

Konecny turned it on in the 3rd.

Both deserve to be on the team.

Read and Laughtons presence was not missed in the slightest.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Provy looks like an minute eating monster. First pass is just so strong. He's still can drift in his own end and he tends to be afraid to take a slap shot but everything else is absolutely perfect. Streit and him were the teams best pair tonight

That seems to happen whenever you just pair anybody up with him

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Jake was really good tonight and so was Cousins.

Konecny
Voracek
Streit
Provy
Cousins

would be my 5 top players for tonight.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

They made a switch late in the first of Weal & Schenn for a while which did a good job of neutering the first line there until the switched back in the third.

I really don't think Weal's an NHLer regardless but it's not going to be on the wing if for whatever reason he proves otherwise.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Totally agreed. Provy and Streit were excellent together. Streit played his best game in a Flyers jersey since 2014-2015.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They made a switch late in the first of Weal & Schenn for a while which did a good job of neutering the first line there until the switched back in the third.

I really don't think Weal's an NHLer regardless but it's not going to be on the wing if for whatever reason he proves otherwise.

Weal will not make this team in the top 12. His best chance is as 13th forward, who is probably competing with VandeVelde for.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jake was really good tonight and so was Cousins.

Konecny
Voracek
Streit
Provy
Cousins

would be my 5 top players for tonight.

Agreed. No one had a bad game per say but those 5 stood out to me as well.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That seems to happen whenever you just pair anybody up with him

Streit looked really good, but it cannot be underestimated how much playing with Provorov does for him. Streit probably went to the bathroom to cry when he saw the lineup and his name not next to players like Schultz and Grossmann.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully Schultz isn't here much longer. He's just a devoid of offense. Teams don't even really give a **** about him when he has the puck at the point.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hopefully Schultz isn't here much longer. He's just a devoid of offense. Teams don't even really give a **** about him when he has the puck at the point.

And then with all that room, he just skates it into the corner, and then takes a zero angle shot that ends up sending play the other way.

It's not like he was awful tonight by his standards (just usual Schultz), but it's so obvious it'll neuter Ghost. Don't neuter a Ghost.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It'll be really interesting to see how they set their lineup for the final preseason game Saturday.

Will any of Lyubimov, Read, and Vandevelde play at forward? Will MacDonald play on D?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad