Recalled/Assigned: Oct. 22: Bournival & Beaulieu sent down until Sunday

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I think its pretty clear thats whats happening

i just wish he'd do it with bork too

I think Bergevin is hoping Bourque stays in the same form as the playoffs.

I think this is something minor but I think Bergevin dropped the ball a little on this. Bourque imo had his value at the highest it was going to be from last year's playoffs.

Bergevin could of probably found some taker for him. Where he probably wouldn't of had to give up something to entice another team to do so. It would of been good to capitalize on it when he would of still had two years left. Now he will likely be kept until the end of his contract or at the deadline of next year in his final year.

This way Bournival could of stayed up and Moen wouldn't be all that bad of having as depth either. Now we stand with Bourque(3.3) + Moen(1.875) which makes it harder to deal with cause most likely no takers and Bournival probably won't get much ice time and who knows how it will effect him for next year if they plan on keeping him up. People say probably won't bother him but its a year of up and down and not playing it does effect a player.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

I think this is something minor but I think Bergevin dropped the ball a little on this. Bourque imo had his value at the highest it was going to be from last year's playoffs.

Bergevin could of probably found some taker for him. Where he probably wouldn't of had to give up something to entice another team to do so. It would of been good to capitalize on it when he would of still had two years left. Now he will likely be kept until the end of his contract or at the deadline of next year in his final year.

This way Bournival could of stayed up and Moen wouldn't be all that bad of having as depth either. Now we stand with Bourque(3.3) + Moen(1.875) which makes it harder to deal with cause most likely no takers and Bournival probably won't get much ice time and who knows how it will effect him for next year if they plan on keeping him up. People say probably won't bother him but its a year of up and down and not playing it does effect a player.

It won't be long before we have two forwards injured. That's the NHL.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Two questions:
Who sits in Hamilton when these guys arrive?
Are they scheduled to play all three games?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Who else plays yoyo that way with their kids? We get it...you don't want to play in the NHL. Let them stay there. Not sure it "helps" them to be the team's yoyos....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Who else plays yoyo that way with their kids? We get it...you don't want to play in the NHL. Let them stay there. Not sure it "helps" them to be the team's yoyos....
How the **** is Beaulieu being sent down at this stage? Maybe I could understand it last season... them maybe wanting to teach him a lesson or something... but now? wtf?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Beaulieu is being sent down to play some games...he will be back for the road trip! No way the habs travel across Canada with only 6 Dmen

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
Man people are being critical...why would you want two young guys up here watching from the pressbox? ...Beauliu has a ton of Talent but still needs to bulk up...He is still not strong enough to compete at this level. He is almost always out muscled. If he can fine tune his game to adapt to the nhl level he will be a solid presence. Do you think it would hurt him to go down and play 25 minutes a game in all stiuations...Dmen take longer to develop.

Bournival aslo has a ton of talent but he's not gonna be able to develop that from the press box and or playing 7 minutes a game. Let him be the go to guy in Hamilton. He can be more then a defensive forward in the NHL. Let him Develop I have full confidence in Bergevin and so should you.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Bergevin just likes to master the cap like noone else.
Remember last trade deadline??
Hoping this deadline is more epic.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Warning...in your opinion!!;) (and that's ok!).

Imo, Bourque was our best power forward VS Ottawa (playoffs).

And was our top 3 forward (overall) in 2014 playoffs. That counts for a lot (not just two series since he joined us...more than that).

Lots of Hab fans want him replaced...but by whom??!! (he better be able to score 5 to 10+ goals in playoffs and be physical like Bourque).

Bourque is not easy to replace...in playoffs.
(imo or imho!!).

Go Bourque Go!! (have some patience!! after all...we're 5-1).
Imo, we want to work on tightening our DEFENCE and keep improving that PP with more practices (so we can be top 10 again for PP...with Subban and Markov...there are no excuses...we should be top 10 in PP).

Although I disagree with half of this, I do agree with you regarding the replacement of Bourque. If we are 6-1 and are going to still win games during the regular season, I am more than happy in keeping him in the bottom-6 to use him in the playoffs. Bickell gets $4 mil a year based on that one playoff he had a couple years ago.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB

How can you say that Bergevin dropped the ball, when you have no idea if there was a market for Bourque?? It just seems odd to me that you would criticize the GM for not making a trade when there is absolutely no evidence there was a trade to make.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Honestly why call him up? The team is 5-1. It looks like the top nine is set. Malholtra and Prust look to be every game players on the fourth line. Moen and Weise look to be 12/13. Who do you bump out? Why call a young player up to sit in the press box.

Good point, but that said I would rather trade Moen for a pick and rotate the 12/13 spot with Weise and Bournival and let them work their tales off to earn that spot. We know what Moen brings to the table and quite frankly its not much anymore, aside from his experience their really is not much upside to his game anymore.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Man people are being critical...why would you want two young guys up here watching from the pressbox? ...Beauliu has a ton of Talent but still needs to bulk up...He is still not strong enough to compete at this level. He is almost always out muscled. If he can fine tune his game to adapt to the nhl level he will be a solid presence. Do you think it would hurt him to go down and play 25 minutes a game in all stiuations...Dmen take longer to develop.

Regarding Beulieau, I think its wise to send him back down and let Tinordi have the spot with the big club for now, give him the first half of the season to see if he fits. We have 3 puck moving defensemen right now and our need is a stay at home D man, I think Tinordi fits this role better than Beulieau.
Saying that if Tinordi doesn't impress after 40 games, then switch em out.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Must be tough for Nate B. I was listening to TSN Radio yesterday and I forgot who, but someone mentioned that the coaching staff wasn't happy with Beaulieu's intensity to start the season and Daigneault had to constantly talk to him to get him going or 'motivated'. He'll get his chance soon, he just needs to be able to seize it when he does.

Always going to be a problem with him, just doesn't have the "fire in the belly" and seems to be always in a daze. He's a brainless beauty.

Tin Man has a heart. Subban found his courage. If only Nate had a brain.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Always going to be a problem with him, just doesn't have the "fire in the belly" and seems to be always in a daze. He's a brainless beauty.

Cute phrasing, but 'fire in the belly' and brains are two totally separate qualities. Beaulieu's IQ seems pretty high out there. He's rarely out of position, always scanning for the right move and pass. No issue with his brain. The fire part... honestly don't know, but it's not a problem I've noticed on the ice.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Cute phrasing, but 'fire in the belly' and brains are two totally separate qualities. Beaulieu's IQ seems pretty high out there. He's rarely out of position, always scanning for the right move and pass. No issue with his brain. The fire part... honestly don't know, but it's not a problem I've noticed on the ice.

There may be an ongoing issue with Nate and the management.
It isn't however performance related.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Bournival aslo has a ton of talent but he's not gonna be able to develop that from the press box and or playing 7 minutes a game. Let him be the go to guy in Hamilton. He can be more then a defensive forward in the NHL. Let him Develop I have full confidence in Bergevin and so should you.

People don't. They want the organization to stop being indecisive. Pick one of Tinordi/Beaulieu, send the other back and call up Drewiske to be the 7th guy, then bench Moen and let Bournival player or send him back too. What is frustrating is this yoyoing between Hamilton and Montreal because they refuse to make a decision.

My only conclusion from this is we're actually showcasing Beaulieu and Tinordi, with the intent of packaging one of them.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

That's more than a little unfair. How does that correlate with his performance against the Rangers and Bruins last spring? He was +3 for those 7 playoff games, and did not have a single game with a negative entry in the ledger, despite the Habs losing the Rangers series, which included a 7-2 blowout loss. Luck? He was brainless for those 7 games?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
1. They get to play
2. They save cap space for the deadline
3. They don't even play again till Saturday

No fuss required.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

Let him mature then. Not doing that, and shipping him out for peanuts because of off-ice issues, is just irrational. After all, Seguin behaved much worse while with the Bruins, which motivated his trade, but in hindsight, don't you think the Bruins would want to undo that trade? Moreover, if they do trade him because of non-performance issues, this just evokes a number of other dumb trades that were similarly motivated, such as Roy and Chelios. This scenario evokes the Chelios trade. I hope it never gets that far.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Yeah, the whole 'attitude' issue keeps coming up again and again with this kid. With this much smoke there probably is some fire to this story, though we'll never know how much is simple immaturity versus lousy work ethic. The hope is management is committed to working with Beaulieu and turning him into an adult.

Time for some "Yay management" S Bah voodoo: :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That's more than a little unfair. How does that correlate with his performance against the Rangers and Bruins last spring? He was +3 for those 7 playoff games, and did not have a single game with a negative entry in the ledger, despite the Habs losing the Rangers series, which included a 7-2 blowout loss. Luck? He was brainless for those 7 games?

Weaver.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad