Recalled/Assigned: Oct. 22: Bournival & Beaulieu sent down until Sunday

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
1 goal, -2 in 2 AHL games this weekend.

From what I saw from the games, he doesn't even look like he's "above" anyone in the AHL.

I keep thinking we gave him a spot on our roster WAY too quickly.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Honestly why call him up? The team is 5-1. It looks like the top nine is set. Malholtra and Prust look to be every game players on the fourth line. Moen and Weise look to be 12/13. Who do you bump out? Why call a young player up to sit in the press box.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

From what I saw from the games, he doesn't even look like he's "above" anyone in the AHL.

He had a fantastic preseason in 2013. No rookie in this year's preseason came close to Bournival's speed and goal-scoring last year. At the time, it was a no-brainer to bring him up. But yeah, as the season progressed his offense regressed. He was kept on the team because the kid learned to play a solid two-way game and added real speed to our 4th line.

I'm happy to give him another shot and see if his puck-handling/decision-making have improved, but I'm even happier that we have players with higher upsides like Sekac.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Honestly why call him up? The team is 5-1. It looks like the top nine is set. Malholtra and Prust look to be every game players on the fourth line. Moen and Weise look to be 12/13. Who do you bump out? Why call a young player up to sit in the press box.

He is part of the 23 man roster and did nothing to get sent down. Let him continue practicing with NHL players. This kid was solid last year. He was clearly the best forechecker we had. He deserves to play

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

No i think he earned his spot last year. The management asked for and he delivered.
This year is a completely different set of circumstances.
Most of us want Sekac playing period.
He is already the superior player and it isn't even close in my estimation.
If he is going to play with Malhotra we can use him against The Wings instead of Moen.
If he is put with Eller then it better be Bork who sits.
Otherwise they should have left him down there...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He had a fantastic preseason in 2013. No rookie in this year's preseason came close to Bournival's speed and goal-scoring last year. At the time, it was a no-brainer to bring him up. But yeah, as the season progressed his offense regressed. He was kept on the team because the kid learned to play a solid two-way game and added real speed to our 4th line.

I'm happy to give him another shot and see if his puck-handling/decision-making have improved, but I'm even happier that we have players with higher upsides like Sekac.

Hopefully it isn't Sekac who sits

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I'd rather have him the line up over Prust/Moen/Weise/bourque.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Hopefully Moen's showcase delivers results and we can ship his behind.

But then again, when Prust gets injured again we'll probably need some sort of middle-weight. My issue with Moen is that he's entirely useless.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Hopefully Moen's showcase delivers results and we can ship his behind.

But then again, when Prust gets injured again we'll probably need some sort of middle-weight. My issue with Moen is that he's entirely useless.

He's just so meh... but he at least defensively responsible. I think Therrien will sit one of Bourque or Sekac (hopefully not) to play Bourni on the third and give him a chance to show some two way play.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
That line has a combined 1g 2a and a -17. Amazing hockey? They're getting killed out there.

There are several posters going around stamping out this fallacy. First of all a combined +/- is clearly just trying to exaggerate whatever is going on as they don't get PP time and by and large play together at all times. Secondly, the season has been short and the eyeball test is more accurate than stats and macro-figures, and by my eyeball I think that Bork and his lines could've easily had 2 to 4 more points each and that they're playing good hockey.

Moen is useless - he's playing like Colby Armstrong: floating around, trying not to get hurt. He looks defensively responsible because he's not doing his job as a forechecker. It's like when people say that it's good when you don't notice a defenseman because that means they're doing their job... well Moen is playing like a defenseman and we don't need 3 on the ice, it hurts the team when the middle isn't fully covered.

He's slow, he doesn't check anymore, he doesn't do anything with the puck and he shies away from contact. Get him outta here.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Canadiens Montréal @CanadiensMTL · 34 s il y a 34 secondes
Bournival est de l'entraînement, faisant des rotations sur le 4e trio/ Bournival at practice, rotating on 4th line. #GoHabsGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad