Recalled/Assigned: Oct. 22: Bournival & Beaulieu sent down until Sunday

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
I hope Beaulieu is mentally strong enough to accept this period on his development. He showed that he's NHL ready. The current situation is a little bit awkward. Tinordi is playing great though.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope Beaulieu is mentally strong enough to accept this period on his development. He showed that he's NHL ready. The current situation is a little bit awkward. Tinordi is playing great though.

Tinordi stays put we need more bash than dash at this point.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

I think he'll be just fine. It's funny how things have presently materialized because Natey B looked great too but Tin Man is really coming along. Nice "problem".

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I explained it earlier, a 13th overall pick in my mind shouldn't be a great third liner. I keep waiting for him to give me a reason to think that he's good enough to be a 1C, but I don't see it. That's all. I mean there are some games where I don't even know if he's playing, he's so invisible...

When was Eller supposed to be a 1st line C - something that is so rare that some teams hasn't seen one on their roster in years.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Must be tough for Nate B. I was listening to TSN Radio yesterday and I forgot who, but someone mentioned that the coaching staff wasn't happy with Beaulieu's intensity to start the season and Daigneault had to constantly talk to him to get him going or 'motivated'. He'll get his chance soon, he just needs to be able to seize it when he does.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wouldn't mind seeing this at some point. In the games they've played so far you'd think Gilbert was the rookie and Beaulieu the vet.

Gilbert has the unfortunate tendency to create unforced errors trying to over-think the game.
We understand and he understands that we opted for him for his ability to make plays.
JJ daigneault or whoever really runs our D need to sit him Down and tell him in no uncertain terms.
Two Dmen on this team have the green light to go and do anything they want, and he isn't one of them.

Don't jump/force plays needlessly simply take the space they give you.

His Dside for another day. :laugh:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Gilbert leads the league in giveaways. Granted, the next ones on the list are Chara, Kopitar, Doughty, but those are all top line players who bring a lot more than Gilbert.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Are they trying showcase Moen for a trade or something? It makes absolutely no sense that he's still in the lineup..

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gilbert leads the league in giveaways. Granted, the next ones on the list are Chara, Kopitar, Doughty, but those are all top line players who bring a lot more than Gilbert.

He really is a great scrambler. :laugh:
His +- attests to that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Are they trying showcase Moen for a trade or something? It makes absolutely no sense that he's still in the lineup..

I think that is very possible.
There were a ton of smoke signals coming out of camp that something was brewing.
The trigger never got pulled but a tweak to a deal on one side or the other can seal it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Tinordi is surprisingly good, considering his so-so preseason. I hope his confidence doesn't regress when he makes inevitable rookie mistakes.

Beaulieu has more raw skill than any of our D, other than Subban. He needs more ice-time, not less. I'm fine with him sitting for a short spell, but I'll hit the roof if he's not a regular by the new year. I really like this kid.

Gilbert plays a high-risk game, which seems to be the overall team plan so far this season. Longer, quicker first passes, quicker transitions. Yeah, he's fumbled the puck, but he's also shown a level of offence we desperately needed. People dislike him, but most of his moves have worked. He's creating the chances we lacked last year.

Weaver should be the odd man out once Beaulieu and Tinordi are both in the lineup together. The guy should remain a valuable 7th Dman, but he's being pushed down the food chain by the infusion of better talent.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site

Has more to do with TOI and how often a player has the puck. Gilbert's pretty involved and plays a lot of minutes.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal

His strong defensive attributes are the reasons why he's still in the lineup. Anyone still hating on Moen know nothing about winning hockey games, I'm sorry. Our 4th line have never looked better than it is now. Strong on the forecheck, strong defensively, big bodies. Moen is the least of our problems.

On the other hand, we need to fix that 3rd line and Bournival should be playing instead of Bourque. Same with Sekac (for Weise probably). Habs have depth, let's use that depth.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Gilbert was sloppy starting the year, but yesterday he played a solid game. He was good in his own zone and participated in a lot of offensive rush. If he can build on that, keep his confidence up and chose the right time to go in and backcheck when he needs to, he'll be just fine.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Glad the org made the right decision this time. No point in keeping those guys up when we don't play our next game till Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad