"Obviously, it's a mistake," Bob Nicholson says of process of hiring Peter Chiarelli

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Where's Kevin Lowe? I'm sure they can dust him off and bring him back so that he can claim that he's played on championship teams and knows what it takes to win in this league.
He's the vice-chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group. That's what you get in Edmonton when you fail miserably, a promotion. If Chiarelli was an old Oilers player he would still be in the organization.
why the hell did he let chia make so many dumbass moves and drag his bloody feet. pathetic. oilers fans and mcdavidnseserve better
Why? Oilers fans continue to support the franchise by going to the game and bying merchandise and McDavid got a huge contract for himself. Neither deserves anything until they've proven otherwise. It's like an abused woman who keeps going back to her husband over and over again.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Interviewer should have asked: "At what point did you realize it was a mistake? Why did you let it go on for so long? If you had realized earlier, do you think you guys would have more skill and be in better cap position?"

Reactions: RattsSSV

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014
Anyone know if Chiarelli has moved out of Edmonton yet? Not sure this guy could even leave his house without being pelted with rocks. If I was him, I’d book it to Hawaii with my millions, retire and never look back. No Twitter, no hockey forums, nothing but a pina coladas, coconuts and the beach.

He should retire from hockey and move to Calgary. He's a hero!

Burned

Nov 5, 2016
So in the 80's the Oilers win a few cups, they had their "dynasty" run. My question is, were all those cups worth the long term insufferable pain now? The legacy of that run is tainted by the Old Boys Club at the helm who seem to be invincible up there.

As a fan of an opposing team its easy for me to sit back & enjoy the pain but the joke is old now, enough is enough. All the squandered talent, the OBC arrogance, the revolving door of coaches, ridiculous contracts, finger pointing... all of it vomit inducing. I'm leaving ownership out of this one only because I really don't know where to start on that one. But hey, at least they have a shiny new arena!

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
So in the 80's the Oilers win a few cups, they had their "dynasty" run. My question is, were all those cups worth the long term insufferable pain now? The legacy of that run is tainted by the Old Boys Club at the helm who seem to be invincible up there.

As a fan of an opposing team its easy for me to sit back & enjoy the pain but the joke is old now, enough is enough. All the squandered talent, the OBC arrogance, the revolving door of coaches, ridiculous contracts, finger pointing... all of it vomit inducing. I'm leaving ownership out of this one only because I really don't know where to start on that one. But hey, at least they have a shiny new arena!
Daryl Katz feels like a real man with all those old Oilers around. Ownership is the entire reason the old Oilers are still with the organization.

Reactions: RattsSSV

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They get the 1st overall pick this summer and everything is immediately fixed.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looking at how the team is still playing Chiarelli wasn't the only problem with the team. The whole team needs to do better.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Looking at how the team is still playing Chiarelli wasn't the only problem with the team. The whole team needs to do better.
Not the only problem but he definitely left his mark.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
HF Habs Oilers board has plenty of posters that could do a much better job than any of the morons that have been employed to basically run that franchise into the ground.

Mr Papagoergyo

Feb 17, 2019
Why would any current or looking to be manager or coach take a job the oilers are offering.
Coaches-
  • Craig MacTavish 2000 – 2009.
  • Pat Quinn 2009-10.
  • Tom Renney 2010 – 2012.
  • Ralph Krueger 2012-2013.
  • Dallas Eakins 2013 – 2015.
  • Todd Nelson 2014 – 2015.
  • Todd McLellan 2015-2018.
GM list is a joke other then Sather.
Not to mention there's no secret players already steer clear.

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
He's the vice-chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group. That's what you get in Edmonton when you fail miserably, a promotion. If Chiarelli was an old Oilers player he would still be in the organization.

Why? Oilers fans continue to support the franchise by going to the game and bying merchandise and McDavid got a huge contract for himself. Neither deserves anything until they've proven otherwise. It's like an abused woman who keeps going back to her husband over and over again.
Victim blaming 101, friend.

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
Anyone know if Chiarelli has moved out of Edmonton yet? Not sure this guy could even leave his house without being pelted with rocks. If I was him, I’d book it to Hawaii with my millions, retire and never look back. No Twitter, no hockey forums, nothing but a pina coladas, coconuts and the beach.
my brother works at rogers place at stuido 99 its a resturant there and he would see all the oilers mangement everyone except chiarelli pretty sure he was target and he knew

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016

cause we have this motto once an oiler always an oiler theres even a book named once an oiler always an oiler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad