"Obviously, it's a mistake," Bob Nicholson says of process of hiring Peter Chiarelli

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
♪hello darkness my old friend♪
AP289741776785.jpg

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
“There’s no question. It was my responsibility to hire the general manager (Peter Chiarelli) and that general manager hired the coach (Todd McLellan). I have to take a lot of that responsibility. I’m the person who hired Peter Chiarelli. When we hired Peter Chiarelli and when we hired Todd McLellan we thought we were getting a top general manager and a top coach. It didn’t work out in this situation. We’re going to go back. This time, we’re going to interview a lot of people.”

There's gotta be a better way to phrase that...so soon after canning the guy, too.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There really are some doozies in this article

Why doesn't he just step down instead of burying Chia and McClellan even more? I understand things are past the point of blowing smoke up Oiler fans' butts, there's no sugar coating anything. If he's going to take responsibility, do it in a meaningful way and announce your own departure.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Obviously it wasn't a mistake to keep MacT, Howson and their staff of incompetents despite years of failure prior to Chia. Right Bob? **** off.
We don’t actually know what mact and Lowe really do tho. Katz is a fan boy and would pay them just to bring Gretzky around once in a while . Howson is weird tho cuz he isn’t part of the old boys club really

Weast

May 16, 2011
The mistake is keeping you and your cronies in office for this long.
I know Im beating a dead horse here but it is so baffling that the old boys club can be so pathetically back at their jobs and yet retain the ability to stick their grubbing hands into hockey operations.

Reactions: shello and MC2D

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So in his first search for the new GM in 2014, Nicholson researched what the Oilers did historically, and did that.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->