Observations XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Carr on waivers today. Wonder what the corresponding callup(s) will be.
I'm a little surprised in that I figured Carr would get a little more time than that. But I guess realistically they've had a month now, including camp. I think we feared from the outset that he was going to prove to be a player who needs a top-6 role to produce, but probably isn't good enough to play top-6 in the NHL.

Calling up the hot hand from Milwaukee was something I was looking forward to. Just thought it might be a couple weeks later than this.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Carr on waivers today. Wonder what the corresponding callup(s) will be.
Trenin if they replace at the 3/4 line level. Tolvanen if they replace at the 1/2 line level and move Jarnkrok back.
Biggest question; is Tolvanen 1st line ready now?
I’d say no, not yet and go with Trenin.

Reactions: NNCbama

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Trenin is a bull. He fit like a glove with Watson and Bonino.

If I had a choice:

Forsberg Duchene Granlund
Turris RyJo Arvy
Jarnkok Sissons Smith
Watson Bonino Trenin

What it will actually be closer to:

Forsberg Duchene Granlund
Jarnkrok RyJo Arvy
Sissons Bonino Smith
Watson Turris Trenin

Reactions: NNCbama

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The only Ads related transactions showing on the AHL webpage are a swap between the Ads and Everblades.

The question remains who is the proper winger to compliment Smith and Turris so that all of the generated chances start turning into goals. Trenin? Tolvanen? Let Josi be the forward he clearly dreams of being? Don't just think outside the box, don't accept the box exists.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
And that time will exist exactly once.
Any single player from the roster can make themselves useful. I'm not waiting a long period for Turris to become that.
I'm liking the optics on a Daley-Turris trade right now. Daley is nearly finished. But he might be a useful element for one last year in terms of solidifying our bottom pair. And right now, that's an actual need for us. And Detroit seems to be one of the few teams who might actually have some basis for interest in Turris. It is wishful thinking and all. But if Turris can't play the 2LW spot for us, this might actually help us more.
:oops:

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Here's an observation; Can Turris play 3rd line center and activate Smith? You got:

Forsberg-Duchene-Granlund (so far, so great)
Jarnkrok-Johansen-Arvidsson (J.A. for offense, Jarnkrok for everything else)

We neuter Hook but this line needs a LW shooter or Johansen to shoot more. Also, they need a LW defensively responsible. Defensively, Hook fills that role.

A third line of *LW to be named later*-Turris-Smith would be awesome.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Here's an observation; Can Turris play 3rd line center and activate Smith? You got:

We neuter Hook but this line needs a LW shooter or Johansen to shoot more. Also, they need a LW defensively responsible. Defensively, Hook fills that role.

Tolvanen could be a finisher. I'm not sure if the rest of his game is ready, but his shot is.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

The catch seems to be that NHL coaches like to have a heavier "shutdown" line as well. So if our top-2 lines are soaking up the best ice-time, the coach is going to turn to guys like Bonino, Sissons, Watson, etc for the next pile of minutes. Turris just seems to be left shivering in the cold if that's the mindset. It seems to be the case so far anyway. :dunno:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

We ran Carr-Turris-Smith the last two games and that line wasn't particularly effective. Maybe you could put some of that on Carr, but I guess we will see. I really just don't think Turris and Smith play that well together despite the fact that they had such great success right after we acquired Turris.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Any chance that carr being sent down could mean we're about to sign Boyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce