Observations XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
The only way I see Poile trading Arvidsson is if he's getting a center from the Oilers. And only if it's the right one. Silliness.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
How many upgrades on Arvy are even available for trade? None of the names mentioned so far.

And hypothetically, even if there was a better player we could trade him for, it would be a massive risk to the chemistry of the lineup and the room. It just doesn't make sense to trade someone who has the ability to be our best player on any given night without addressing the secondary scoring.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
As we continue the drumbeat of our team being ...... off this year, the question is: What standard are we "off" by? We're off last year's Pez Award standard and this year's Lightning Standard. Otherwise, we're experiencing the bumps of a long season with a lot of injuries. If we win tonight, we pass the Jets and go into 1st Place, but with them having 3 games in hand. The Jets lost to the Aves 7-1 last night. Can you imagine the collective outrage if we lost 7-1 at this stage of the season. It's not supposed to happen when you're a Cup Team, right? Except it does. The Jets are a Cup Team. It's happening to them. It's happened to every contender except the Lightning. We have not played to our potential all year, except the 13-3 start. We'll make the playoffs at some level and then the only thing that matters is how we play in each 7 game series. Don't give up on this team. We'll have as good a shot as any team once the 2nd season starts. Enjoy it. Most fanbases go thru lean years with multiple non-playoff years. Nothing worse than meaningless games. We got it good, people, even when they under perform. Seize The Day.

Reactions: predfan24

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
It might not mean much with WPG with 3 games in hand over us, but I honestly didn't expect to look at the standings again this year and see us leading the division. Josi and the p***ycats pulled this one out for us.

Reactions: bdub24 and PredsV82

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It was a W and I will gladly take any kind of win.

Having said that:

For me that was a very disappointing game. Playing pretty much the worst team in the league and dominate for two periods- yet still, somehow, someway, found a way to have to just pucker up and hold on for dear life at the end. The third period was flat out awful.

Can we EVER just dominate a team at Bridgestone?? Just feels like nothing ever comes easy at home- we just cannot score no matter how many primo chances we get.

I know I am probably being too negative- a win is a win and I'll take it. We also get a little breathing room over the Blues, so that is a plus.

But we have to be much better than that....

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Unpopular comment to follow:

I know it was an experimental type change tonight and I know people hate Fiala but it was refreshing to see the top line not be a liability that either gave up the first goal or a goal immediately after the Preds scored, credit to Fiala. He played a smart game that limited odd man rushes against while Joey and Fil were doing their normal thing.

"JoFA" gives up way to many critical goals and shouldn't be reunited if Joey, Fil, and Fiala can continue to play a solid all around game together.

Reactions: LCPreds

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
TIL that Terry Crisp won 2 Cups with the Broad Street Bullies-era Flyers in the 70s. I knew he coached the Calgary Cup-winning team, but I hadn't realized he had also won as a player.

He seems a bit overqualified to be an intermission analyst for us, but I guess he enjoys just being around hockey still.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Unpopular comment to follow:

I know it was an experimental type change tonight and I know people hate Fiala but it was refreshing to see the top line not be a liability that either gave up the first goal or a goal immediately after the Preds scored, credit to Fiala. He played a smart game that limited odd man rushes against while Joey and Fil were doing their normal thing.

"JoFA" gives up way to many critical goals and shouldn't be reunited if Joey, Fil, and Fiala can continue to play a solid all around game together.

I also thought Arvy gave Turris a shot and signs of life.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
TIL that Terry Crisp won 2 Cups with the Broad Street Bullies-era Flyers in the 70s. I knew he coached the Calgary Cup-winning team, but I hadn't realized he had also won as a player.

He seems a bit overqualified to be an intermission analyst for us, but I guess he enjoys just being around hockey still.
This is kind of what I thought watching Padres games for 7 seasons from 2010-2016 with Dick Enberg as the local play by play broadcaster.

Reactions: bdub24

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Not saying it wasn't worth a try (at this point) to break up JoFA... but... I was thinking more it would be a deadline acquisition coming in to try to breath life into the 2nd line. I don't know what it means... hopefully not that there is no hope of the new player coming in? Or conversely are they getting ready for that? No idea. :s

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not saying it wasn't worth a try (at this point) to break up JoFA... but... I was thinking more it would be a deadline acquisition coming in to try to breath life into the 2nd line. I don't know what it means... hopefully not that there is no hope of the new player coming in? Or conversely are they getting ready for that? No idea. :s
I think with Smith out Lavi was just looking for someone to drive that 2nd line.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad