Observations XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Jets lost so that point might end up being extremely important. Lots of hockey left considering how tight the race is between the two. There's still a chance...

Reactions: bdub24

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Jets lost so that point might end up being extremely important. Lots of hockey left considering how tight the race is between the two. There's still a chance...
if we win 10 of our next 13, i think we win the division. that would get us to 103 points. i think the jets win 9 of their next 16 with an overtime loss or 2. i see them at 101-102 points.

still a chance for sure.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
we finish up the last 3 against buffalo, Vancouver, and Chicago. all three should be the preds as the easy favorite.

if we can take care of business at home Saturday against Carolina, that's a great start.

we then go out west against LAK ANA and SJ. assuming we take 2 of 3, which is very do-able, we should have a realistic shot at the division.

we will obviously 100% have to win the game against Winnipeg at their barn. that's a 4 point swing.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
A few things I noticed last night:

* Simmonds with only 10:00 minutes TOI. That's impacted a bit by not receiving any PP time but that's still too low for me. I've liked what I've seen of him so far. Hope Lavy finds him more minutes.

* Turris started on the second line but was replaced by Sissons. He only got 11:45 TOI. I believe this is the second game in a row he has been demoted in game. Injuries or is Lavy tired of the suckage?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
A few things I noticed last night:

* Simmonds with only 10:00 minutes TOI. That's impacted a bit by not receiving any PP time but that's still too low for me. I've liked what I've seen of him so far. Hope Lavy finds him more minutes.

* Turris started on the second line but was replaced by Sissons. He only got 11:45 TOI. I believe this is the second game in a row he has been demoted in game. Injuries or is Lavy tired of the suckage?

Turris didn't take a shift after the Fehr goal which tells you what Lavyv thought about that play.

Also as a continuation from the GDT, here's a great twitter thread about Rinne vs Saros.

Reactions: Gh24

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
First, let me say that I will gladly take any kind of W.

But for me that was yet another disappointing game. I am a little surprised to see some on here say they thought we were clearly the better team. I did not think it was a very good game by us. We were outshot 33-25, they had more chances than we did, and the expected goals for the game were 2.53 to 1.96 in favor of the Wild. We scored 4 goals but we did not generate a ton of offense. I don’t know- when you are at home, playing against a team that is pretty much trying to start a rebuild, and one whose best players last night were basically our discards- when we get outplayed under those circumstances then for me it is not a very good performance.

My question is this- are we EVER going to dominate a game ever again??? Have a game that we aren’t having to sweat or hold on for dear life??

Our last 3 wins have been in the shootout- we have not won a game in regulation since Feb 21 and even that was a 2-1 game over a horrible LA team. The last time we won by 3+ goals was Feb 5 vs Arizona and that was a 1 goal game late.

We almost never dominate an opponent anymore. The last time we had a true “laugher” of a game was freaking Jan 15 (7-2 win over Caps).

I don’t know if it is just me but I am so sick of home games where every little thing just feels like a huge struggle- having to hold on for dear life or just win a shootout. We can’t get a 2 goal lead at home to save our life.

We are so overdue for a breakout game where everything falls our way it isn’t even funny.

But again, I will take any kind of W. And what is crazy and mind blowing is despite everything, here we sit in first place. The division is still there for the taking- the Jets are trying so hard to just hand it to us, if we can just wake up and take it.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And just another note on our close games at home:

We have had 35 home games this season.

If my research is correct- In only FIVE of the 35 have we not had to sweat out an end of game empty net situation.

And 3 of those 5 were still relatively close, competitive games. We have really only had two true blowout wins at home all season.

I know there is great parity in the league and it is called a "3-2" league for a reason, but that still seems like a crazy low number. Would love to see numbers for some of the other top teams to see how it compares.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
You can tell the teams personality as a whole didnt click with Fiala for whatever reason. Forsberg messing with him yesterday was a perfect example of it. Preds are a team full of trolls and Fiala I dont think likes joking around or being messed with. Plus, probably a little cocky and it rubbed the team the wrong way.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
if we win 10 of our next 13, i think we win the division. that would get us to 103 points. i think the jets win 9 of their next 16 with an overtime loss or 2. i see them at 101-102 points.

still a chance for sure.
Jets have some pretty difficult teams to play in the next 5 games. They have the Canes, Caps, Sharks, Bruins and Flames the next 5. They could very easily lose every one of them. Probably won't but if they lose 4 out of 5 we win against the canes and ducks, then we could have a 3 point lead with 11 games to play for each of us

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You can tell the teams personality as a whole didnt click with Fiala for whatever reason. Forsberg messing with him yesterday was a perfect example of it. Preds are a team full of trolls and Fiala I dont think likes joking around or being messed with. Plus, probably a little cocky and it rubbed the team the wrong way.

I don't know- I don't really disagree with any of what you said, but I read on the Wild twitter feed that Fiala and Forsberg had a big hug in the tunnel after the game and Fiala was quoted as saying how much he "loves that guy".

So who knows what the real story is?????

Reactions: Montross

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Jets have some pretty difficult teams to play in the next 5 games. They have the Canes, Caps, Sharks, Bruins and Flames the next 5. They could very easily lose every one of them. Probably won't but if they lose 4 out of 5 we win against the canes and ducks, then we could have a 3 point lead with 11 games to play for each of us

That game in Winnipeg on 3/25 is going to be huge.......

Also, I still am not counting STL out of it- has anyone seen their schedule?? They have a ton of games to play in a short time, but only 4 of their 17 remaining games are against playoff teams. That is crazy- has to be the easiest schedule in the league.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I don't know- I don't really disagree with any of what you said, but I read on the Wild twitter feed that Fiala and Forsberg had a big hug in the tunnel after the game and Fiala was quoted as saying how much he "loves that guy".

If you look at Forsberg's instagram they seem to be friends

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA

It's all speculation honestly, but I have personally always gotten the "I'm better than you" vibe from Fiala. That doesn't sit well with a lot of people

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
It's all speculation honestly, but I have personally always gotten the "I'm better than you" vibe from Fiala. That doesn't sit well with a lot of people

I get this from a lot of people, not just here, but twitter and even some of my friends. I have never seen or felt that. Not singling you out, but anything specific that comes to mind why you feel this?

Preds twitter was dancing on his grave when he was traded, and then seemed in disbelief that he had played a good game. I mentioned it somewhere else, but I have never seen such strong feelings towards a guy that never seemed to alienate the fan base. This would be like me irrationally hating Martin Erat.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Last night was just a young player (youngest? one of the youngest?) getting traded from his team to another team and the other guys beating up on their little brother. Did any of you have a little bro you missed with? In sports? Typically you were laughing and they were all mad about it out to prove something.

People are making way too much of this. There is no way these guys dislike each other for the most part. Do one or two of them possibly not get along? Sure. No different than how I am with a circle of my old college buddies. Some of us are really good friends, some of us are better friends with a few over the others and vice versa, but there is some connectivity in the middle that brings us all together. Doesn't mean we dislike everyone just because we don't get along that great with one or two in the group.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
I get this from a lot of people, not just here, but twitter and even some of my friends. I have never seen or felt that. Not singling you out, but anything specific that comes to mind why you feel this?

Preds twitter was dancing on his grave when he was traded, and then seemed in disbelief that he had played a good game. I mentioned it somewhere else, but I have never seen such strong feelings towards a guy that never seemed to alienate the fan base. This would be like me irrationally hating Martin Erat.

Sure, I'll give it a go here, but I dont know Fiala so it's just vibe feelings. If a lot of people feel the same way then it's just the way he comes off I guess.

Saw a video a while back when the preds used to do the beneath the ice vids. When Roman and Yanick were messing with him you could just tell he wasn't comfortable and maybe even a bit annoyed with it and wasnt connecting the dots as to what they were even saying.

Couple that with the fact he tans, owns a pomeranian and likes to shop. -These are not bro qualities.

His play on the ice of trying to do too himself made me question if he was a stats guy or a team guy.

He honestly could have been a super nervous rookie in that video, and could have good intentions but just comes off a certain way. I also dont dislike or even hate the guy. He had his moments, but for me as a player he wore off his welcome. We are a contending team on good days, and the guy was just way too mistake prone for our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad