Observations XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
I see where we placed Rinaldo on IR so we could call up this Blackwell. don't think you are allowed to replace johansen's roster spot (because we were already at 23) since he's on a suspension

Reactions: PredsV82

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well, there is no sugar coating/ no excusing/ no "finding a silver lining" in this one.

That was a pathetic, embarrassing, disgusting effort.

And the most disappointing and disgusting part of this game for me was this- the Preds scored the two quick goals early in the third and had all the momentum against a tired team that is on the back end of a back to back and had to travel.

But despite that, the Preds were outshot 11-8 in the final 16 minutes (and outscored 1-0).

8 shots on goal in the final 16+ minutes after scoring the two quick goals. And counting the empty net situation, that included about 6 minutes of playing with the man advantage

At the very least, the Preds should have been all over them in the final 10-15 minutes.

Completely inexcusable........

(The only bright side for me is because of the awful weather today we didn't make the trip up for the game- did not want to drive the 7 hour roundtrip in that weather- THANK THE LORD FOR THAT-lol)

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Another game, another flat, emotionless performance.

Once again, they weren't happy with their performance against the jets, so how do they respond? With the same, flat, slow start.

In the first period, there was an icing on Florida. Vatrano slashed our player after the whistle. As everyone was skating back down the ice, Blackwell, in his first ever NHL game, was the only Predator to even respond to that. He just kind of hit Vatrano with a light crosscheck into the arms. There was no response from anyone else, and guess what happened in that shift off that ensuing faceoff? Vatrano scored.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I awoke this morning this in my head:

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright, The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light; And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout, But there is no joy in Mudville—mighty Casey has struck out.

What in G*d's name has happened to the team who in previous times we EXPECTED to make a late come back, knew that they could rise and overcome adversity?

Now this team is thin and fragile, it has no heart, no reservoir of soul.

Like Christmas, I'm looking forward to them not playing during the All Star break. Actually they are not playing now, so I must mean not even taking the ice.

Last edited:

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
In another time that post would have taxed the forum's profanity/vulgarity filter to keep up with my rage. But these guys don't deserve that passion from me.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
we wake up this morning at 28-18-4.

….If we go 25-0-7 the remainder of the way we finish with the exact same record we finished with last year.

...that's right, we now have lost the exact number of games we lost last year (53-18-11). with 32 games remaining.

...pretty disgusting to me.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
While I certainly didn't expect to win the President's Trophy again, I didn't expect it to be like this. Say what you will but this game could have been won had they done something with the PP.

Reactions: Tex76

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
we wake up this morning at 28-18-4.

….If we go 25-0-7 the remainder of the way we finish with the exact same record we finished with last year.

...that's right, we now have lost the exact number of games we lost last year (53-18-11). with 32 games remaining.

...pretty disgusting to me.
Overtime losses are losses too you know.. :D

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think the most perplexing part of this whole thing is how in the f*** are we 2nd place in the division by 8 whole points?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If we're going to compare to last season then let's do it a little more apples to apples. How many games lost to injury do we have this year vs. last? I mean hell we have had 3 of the top 6 out for about 1.5 months, most of that was concurrent.

The team is definitely not playing as well as last year but they were close before the injuries hit and still haven't managed to stride since Arvy/FF9 returned.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Another big difference is goaltending. Rinne and Saros had like a .928 combined save percentage last year, and there were tons of games in which they bailed us out. That hasn't happened nearly as much this year.

Reactions: Pred303

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
As awesome as the Central has been in the past few season we are this years version of the old Southeast. The fact that the Jets havent run off and buried us is amazing. That none of the Avs, Wild, or Stars are even threatening us is mind blowing.

I guess an optimist might think if ever there was a year to have a year like this, this is the year.

But I'm not an optimist so this sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad