Observations XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Can't speak for p303... but for me, i'd be more tempted to spend the money on Preds tickets more often if there was a decent transit option to get into and out of town.
Decent and affordable.
I'm fortunate in that my work is situated so I can come in via back roads (Lebanon Rd/Hermitage Ave./First) but even so, occasionally I run into major traffic jams. I could come in via train, but I couldn't leave that way.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd do it more if I could afford it rofl. Couple of job prospects lining up now that my current job is finally about to come to a close here in a couple of weeks. The drives may kill me though.

Reactions: Pred303

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
no.. gave up my tickets after 19 years last year. i'll show up at a few i suppose, but watch most of them at home fossil.

Beer and peanuts are definitely cheaper, and the line at the bathroom is way shorter. Getting to see replays is an underrated benefit as well.

All that said, I miss the hell out of going to live games....

Edit to add... to your 110 pt comment earlier... Vegas over/under on points for us this year is 105.5.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
no.. gave up my tickets after 19 years last year. i'll show up at a few i suppose, but watch most of them at home fossil.

Knew that last year you dropped the season tickets, just wondered if you had weaned yourself completely/successfully or were jonesin' and back on the program.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Same here. First time I won't have some type of season tickets in many a year. Combination of ticket costs and traffic finally did me in.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I kept my season tickets, but traffic was definitely a lot worse last season than I ever remember it being before. It makes it a lot harder to get to weeknight games at all, coming up from Alabama. I mostly only came to weekend games last season.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Since the Watson specific thread is closed I'll just wonder here when the NHL is going to get around to announcing something about Watson. Youd think they would have had plenty of time by now. Be nice to know what we are dealing with before camp opens

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Since the Watson specific thread is closed I'll just wonder here when the NHL is going to get around to announcing something about Watson. Youd think they would have had plenty of time by now. Be nice to know what we are dealing with before camp opens
Would that be an NHL thing or a team thing? If "team" he probably already knows.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
i'm ready for the least dramatic training camp/preseason ever. no real roster questions outside of will watson be suspended and gaudreau his roster replacement. and lineup wise will weber get the 3rd pair RD position by default since irwin/bitetto are both lefthanders. and then the performance question of how will tolvanen work out.

we might be the only team in the league that almost surely knows who their entire 23 man roster on opening night will be (only really dependent on watson's status).

honestly it all sort of makes the camp/preseason anticlimatic.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
i'm ready for the least dramatic training camp/preseason ever. no real roster questions outside of will watson be suspended and gaudreau his roster replacement. and lineup wise will weber get the 3rd pair RD position by default since irwin/bitetto are both lefthanders. and then the performance question of how will tolvanen work out.

we might be the only team in the league that almost surely knows who their entire 23 man roster on opening night will be (only really dependent on watson's status).

I'll take that! Drama is highly overrated.

Reactions: PredsV82

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA

You'd think that Hamhuis would be the LD on the 3rd pair, no?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Even with the Watson drama, there are so many ready made replacements on the team; Brickley, Rinaldo, Petterson, Gaudreau.

I could see the Preds carrying 8 defensemen just to ease the practice load off of the big 4. I'm not a fan. I'm curious about rookie camp because I want to see which defenseman steps up, which goalie will start in Milwaukee, and does Tolvanen tear up the other rookies?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Interesting stat

Without looking at the full list, what this looks like to me are the top list are all very good skaters who can cover I've quickly and also transition blueline turnovers into rushes the other way.

Meanwhile while the bottom players are less mobile and are more defensive oriented, so the risk of skating it in on them is much lower.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
we should (will) be awfully good, but i still think a physical upgrade to 2nd line right wing was really needed, even if was at the expense of one of our defensemen. missing watson for an extended time will greatly expose our lack of physical/net front presence from our wingers even more as well. worries me a little in the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad