OAs for 2023-2024

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
According to Elite Prospects, Ian Phillips not returning to Saginaw and playing in the OJHL.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Any of these teams trading their overages defenseman? North bay..Peterborough..owen sound..Barrie..Erie..guelph..kitchener..London..sudbury and Windsor.
The Petes will likely keep Sam Mayer as one of their three overage players to start the season and may look at trading him at the deadline if they get a good offer for him. I could see them making a deal with another of their overage players at the deadline for a similar or more return to what they gave up in the Hayes/White trade with Hamilton this past season .

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Petes will likely keep Sam Mayer as one of their three overage players to start the season and may look at trading him at the deadline if they get a good offer for him. I could see them making a deal with another of their overage players at the deadline for a similar or more return to what they gave up in the Hayes/White trade with Hamilton this past season .
The Hayes/White - Lardis/Panwar plus picks trade seems an anomaly. It put the Petes over the top, but at a crazy cost imo. I give Oke full credit for being fully all-in.
Can you post any similar deals?

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The Hayes/White - Lardis/Panwar plus picks trade seems an anomaly. It put the Petes over the top, but at a crazy cost imo. I give Oke full credit for being fully all-in.
Can you post any similar deals?
A deal which was similar but involved only a one for one trade was London trading overage defenceman Gerard Keane for defenceman Alec Leonard, a 2nd and a 3rd round draft picks. The Petes trade really was Nick Lardis and the two, 3rd round draft picks for Avery Hayes and Gavin White. Sahil Panwar was added because they had to trade him to add the two additional overages. They likely would have only got a 5th round draft pick for him if he traded in a separate deal.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It’s only similar in that a player was part of a trade for an OA. Leonard (18) was not considered to have anywhere near the upside of Lardis (17). And I remember a large majority thought Niagara overpaid.
I think the Petes would need to be able to package Mayer with Avon or Robertson to get a return similar to Lardis & Panwar.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Owain Johnston will be one of Erie's overagers. Erie announced their promos for this season. They're giving away 3 bobbleheads this season, one of which is of Johnston.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Owain Johnston will be one of Erie's overagers. Erie announced their promos for this season. They're giving away 3 bobbleheads this season, one of which is of Johnston.
That's not a guarantee... Saginaw has traded the captain the past 2 years and one of those (Baber) was an OA. It's likely that Johnston will be there all season but it's still a business so bobblehead or not, it's no guarantee

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
My point was I think it's a guarantee he'll start the season as one of the overagers. Sure, he could be moved at a later date.

Reactions: donjohnson

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Boudreau is not on the Wolves training camp roster. No mention if he was traded or going to school I would assume Wolves are trying to find him a team. Larmand, Toure, McCallum and Anania are the four overage players coming to camp. I see Toure and Anania being locks as the Wolves are without Mania and Collins until they are healthy from off season surgery.

WJ

armchaircoaches

Oct 24, 2022
Boudreau is not on the Wolves training camp roster. No mention if he was traded or going to school I would assume Wolves are trying to find him a team. Larmand, Toure, McCallum and Anania are the four overage players coming to camp. I see Toure and Anania being locks as the Wolves are without Mania and Collins until they are healthy from off season surgery.

WJ
Mccallum is also a lock Larmand there to maybe get some interest from other teams during pre season if not he will be released

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I’ve heard Sudbury is interested in Sam Mayer
Anyone considering a play off run should be interested in Sam Mayer -that kid was an absolute beast in the playoffs!
One of the most underrated play off performers for sure

Reactions: badnova

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Here in Saginawesome it's looking more and more like T-Bone Codd is going to be the odd man out. Hache is for sure and I think Mancini is as well. That leaves Loukus and Codd and while T-Bone had 2 goals in the exhibition game, his injury history is probably the deciding factor between two guys who I think are pretty equal.

Would the Spirit dare to trade T-Bone to Flint so he's close to home? I don't like the idea of facing him so many times but T-Bone's been a class guy here and he'd be close to home in Flint. I'd always rather see us trade with Eastern Conference teams but we did use to trade with Plymouth every so often.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad