Waived: [NYR] Tony DeAngelo (Mod: No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
On one hand he played really good under Ruff last year and he would probably do really well in NJ. On the other hand we have Subban.

Still, I’d give him a shot considering the state of NJ’s defense. Maybe Subban would be good for him since Subban is older and wouldn’t put up with it.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I would be astonished if any NHL organization was dumb enough to give this unrepentant, unsalvageable, cancerous, bigoted POS another chance. Because he definitely does not deserve it.
Da7HtPN.jpg

Link
Absolutely disgusting. Truly wish the NHL had some respect and just expel him from the league.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I just lost a long post, so I’ll try again. This one may be a little shorter.

You don’t seem to understand what a “locker room cancer” is. It suggests that the player has frequent problems with teammates and hurts team morale. There’s really no indication of that. As I said, to the contrary. DeAngelo is apparently very well liked in that locker room. And as you acknowledged, teammates get into physical fights. It’s more common than fans think. No one is suggesting Georgiyev is a “locker room cancer” for getting into a fight with DeAngelo, which makes my point. People only care about it because of the player being discussed. They wouldn’t for other players.

As I already suggested, this seems to be a direct decision from the coach/management not wanting to deal with DeAngelo anymore. I’ve never suggested that he doesn’t invite controversy. Between being right wing, being very active in talking to fans, being very willing to chirp back at fans, his on ice demeanor, his style of play, and some previous behavior from years back, he’s a lightning rod.

The team has clearly been trying to get rid of him since the summer. And then he had some issues with the coach a few weeks ago. I’m sure they just had enough and didn’t want to deal more with having this guy on the team. That doesn’t mean what they did was right. They need to explain their decision to everyone, and the reasons behind it.

I also have never suggested that this stuff doesn’t effect DeAngelo’s trade value in the league. Look at all the people in this thread who have such hate for him, despite having never met him. They call him a horrible person. He’s a stranger to them. I’m sure there are large segments in the NHL who also hold that view. That doesn’t however mean he’s a “locker room” cancer. There’s really no evidence that his play on the ice or in the locker room is any type of problem. Teams are free to make their own decisions based on other stuff, but let’s not get the situation twisted.

"There is no evidence of him being a locker room problem aside from him just being waived due to a locker room problem"

Quite a hole you've dug yourself in.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Wow... his personality degraded his value. Probably tried to trade him but no team wants nothing to do with him. Looks like John Chayka won that trade of Raanta and Stepan for DeAngelo and the pick that turned into Lias Andersson. I thought Arizona was stupid for doing that trade, turns out they won the trade.

Also, I love how this thread needed a mod warning.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is that true? Fighting other skaters on your team, yes, but I have never heard of anyone attempting to fight their own goalie. And Georgiev wasn't even that bad yesterday - only the last goal was one that you would think an NHL goalie has to save.

Yes, that’s been widely rumored. I’m genuinely curious why the (back up) goalie is off limits.

And Georgiyev let up 5 on 38 shots. I thought the Rangers played very poor defense, but the xG said 3.19 and he gave up 5. It was a very weak goaltending performance. Also, the last goal was the issue. Georgiyev basically took the puck off DeAngelo’s stick and gave you guys possession. It was a bad play and then he compounded it with a very weak goal against.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
It doesn’t seem like you read my post. But you sure didn’t like it (and added nothing to the discussion)! Amazing.
You're just going to casually disregard Tony's history of controversy since he was a prospect and like he's being targeted for no reason?

I'll repeat it for you since you're disregarding it. ;)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
DeAngelo's personality was so bad the Lightning were willing to move on from a high first round pick that filled an a desperate need at RHD before he played a single game for them.

They gambled that he would mature as he got older and decided to cut their losses when they realized he wasnt.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
"There is no evidence of him being a locker room problem aside from him just being waived due to a locker room problem"

Quite a hole you've dug yourself in.

Impressive how you claim to have read my post and then completely claim an argument was made that wasn’t made. Are you going to address any of the substance of what I said or you have nothing to actually add to the discussion?

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Arizona drafted Mitchell Miller this past draft after fully knowing he had bullied a special needs child for years.

Don't see why they wouldn't go for round two with Qony.
That could make sense. Could also see St. Louis since they have Hoffman and Binnington ( a known bigot).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Impressive how you claim to have read my post and then completely claim an argument was made that wasn’t made. Are you going to address any of the substance of what I said or you have nothing to actually add to the discussion?

You're the one going in circles, must be hard trying to move all those goalposts to keep a flawed argument straight

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That could make sense. Could also see St. Louis since they have Hoffman and Binnington ( a known bigot).

He should probably go to San Jose than considering they have a defenseman who likes cause issues in the locker room also.

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
i can see Sens or Oilers might get desperate to give it a try...Oilers need to dump someone like Neal first though

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
I think the saying where there's smoke, there's fire fits quite well here. I believe everyone (or well, 99% of us) has seen enough now. And yes, I have seen players on the same team fight each other on the ice and usually it's not a good sign. I remember Koivu and Ribeiro fighting in the practice, which ended with Ribeiro getting traded the following year. Fighting off the ice after the game has ended, that seems a bit more extreme though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad