Waived: [NYR] Tony DeAngelo (Mod: No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Is this about race? That’s what I’m guessing this is? It sounds like a wild conspiracy theory.

And DeAngelo was one of the first players to defend Miller when he was racially abused last year. It sounds like a wild conspiracy theory that isn’t suited to be discussed in a thread like this.

Your argument appears to be: teammates fight teammates in the locker room all the time. And other teammates comes in and punches one of them to end it, all the time. And the one that got punched shouldn't be singled out as a problem in the locker room, despite a history of previous anti-social incidents.

That right?

Are you TDA or a member of his family? There is honestly no other explanation for this hill you are 100% dying on.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yep.
For all of the media babbling, the policies were actually sound for IS Citizens. There has to be more than merely Twitter tweets to this though. The guy produces, there has to be some management/player or player/player friction I'd imagine.

Player/Player friction. ADA and Georgiev fought. Someone(s) stepped in. Because it was physical. You know if it was just angry yelling at each other it’d be ignored.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think you might be correlating evidence with proof, cause while the proof is questionable the evidence is piling up big time. You argue that DeAngelo is well liked in the locker room, is there more than some fluff articles to suggest this is true?

There have been fights between teammates in the past among several teams, especially with things are going awful (losing streaks can do a lot for dedicated professionals), but cutting a player like this isn't done with a lot of thought. I'm not going to hop on the Miller angle without knowing more on a personal level, but for the Rangers to cut a talented offensive D-man in this era of hockey should clue one in that his position.

Let me put it this way: if DeAngelo isn't a locker room cancer, then there will be chirping of teammates being angry behind the scenes.

I see your point, but when I say evidence, I’m not expecting people to assert conspiracy theories. How can I even respond to that? It’s nothing tangible being suggested to suggest he’s a “locker room cancer” other than catch all grievances about DeAngelo (some of which are highly questionable).

And you are absolutely right I can’t prove he’s very well liked by his teammates. I’m not an insider. At the same time, I’m not sure I need to prove that. I didn’t assert a reckless claim. As for my speculation on that, it appears like he’s very close with Strome, Smith, Lemieux. He does the team social media “behind the mic” stuff in the locker room. He’s had a number of his teammates on his podcast. There are teammates with known different political views than him on the team, and this is the first known problem he’s ever had with any teammate for any reason. Again, I won’t suggest I can prove he’s very well liked, but those who follow the Rangers closely will back up that he seems to be one of the glue guys in the locker room.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Because their C and 2 A's are MAGA fans, especially Seth Jones. Just read his twitter

Foligno, Atkinson, and Jenner? I haven't heard that as a Jackets fan.

I've heard about Jones, Amy Jones is a maga warrior, and Seth and Caleb are like quieter versions of that. Werenski supposedly too, and obviously Domi is a wingnut.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Well racism doesn't disturb the norm.

Because obviously racsim is fine with like 50% of North America. Especially in a white rich sport like hockey, its closer to 80-90% that don't really give a shit about racism.

fighting your teammates does disturb the norm in hockey.

Even if most players don’t give a shit about racism, I’m sure most care if it’s directed at a teammate from a teammate.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Agreed he probably is all of those things and I won't defend him, given all the really gross stuff he has pulled. It is obvious that he has done some very bad things.

And thank you for definitively stating he is scum of the earth, and a despicable trash human being. Serious question - do you think he even deserves to live? He certainly shouldn't have the right to share his gross opinions. Social media platforms should check with you regarding questionable posts from hockey players because you sure seem to have it figured out. We certainly appreciate your virtue-monitoring here. Are you like a monk or priest or something? Please keep helping us understand how to be better.

Awe thank you. I agree. They should check with me, but thankfully it seems the Rangers were already ahead of the curve considering they had repeatedly told him to stop posting to social media.

I can't say I've ever thought about being a monk or priest, but you've given me a lot to think about.

Thank you for taking the time to write a lengthy post to tell me how great I am. We clearly need more good people like you in this world who know right from wrong :)

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
And Georgiyev let up 5 on 38 shots. I thought the Rangers played very poor defense, but the xG said 3.19 and he gave up 5. It was a very weak goaltending performance.

He gave up one tap-in goal on a two on one, one breakaway goal, one goal where he saved the initial shot and the rebound only for Guentzel to be allowed a third try and one classic deflection goal. This wasn't even the worst goaltending performance in the Rangers - Penguins matches this season, let alone something so extraordinarily bad that his teammates should be pissed enough with him to even contemplate a physical altercation.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I see your point, but when I say evidence, I’m not expecting people to assert conspiracy theories. How can I even respond to that? It’s nothing tangible being suggested to suggest he’s a “locker room cancer” other than catch all grievances about DeAngelo (some of which are highly questionable).

And you are absolutely right I can’t prove he’s very well liked by his teammates. I’m not an insider. At the same time, I’m not sure I need to prove that. I didn’t assert a reckless claim. As for my speculation on that, it appears like he’s very close with Strome, Smith, Lemieux. He does the team social media “behind the mic” stuff in the locker room. He’s had a number of his teammates on his podcast. There are teammates with known different political views than him on the team, and this is the first known problem he’s ever had with any teammate for any reason. Again, I won’t suggest I can prove he’s very well liked, but those who follow the Rangers closely will back up that he seems to be one of the glue guys in the locker room.

if he's such an angel why is this his 5th nhl team before he turns 25?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
*shrugs*

We’re not in the dressing room. But if the rest of your teammates are pissed at you because of how you’re treating a rookie, it’s bad.

I’m not gonna speculate if it’s racially motivated though. Just that it doesn’t look good.

If true, I agree. But I’ve not seen anything to suggest there are problems between Miller and DeAngelo. As I said, it sounds like a wild conspiracy theory that if it was unpacked it wouldn’t be allowed to be discussed in this thread.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your argument appears to be: teammates fight teammates in the locker room all the time. And other teammates comes in and punches one of them to end it, all the time. And the one that got punched shouldn't be singled out as a problem in the locker room, despite a history of previous anti-social incidents.

That right?

Are you TDA or a member of his family? There is honestly no other explanation for this hill you are 100% dying on.

Can you post any proof for anything you just asserted?

All I read is that DeAngelo and Georgiyev got into an altercation. If you have proof of something else, you are going to have to explain further. I’m no insider. I only go on the info I can find.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
So you think it's fine to assault people having an argument with words? You call that defending?
You seem to know a bunch of important details the rest of us don't. If so, please explain.

I can think of a whole wack of stuff that would justify Krieder doing what he supposedly did. Yet your so certain he was in the wrong. Which leads me to believe your withholding info from us. Or your just a ‘my way or the highway’ kinda guy.

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
They’ve deleted some posts about it. Although those ones were generally turning in to a debate, which I think is what they’re trying to avoid. That and name calling

The name calling you say?! “Tony is a bad person because of the bad things he has said” *proceeds to say bad things about Tony* Gotta love it

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He gave up one tap-in goal on a two on one, one breakaway goal, one goal where he saved the initial shot and the rebound only for Guentzel to be allowed a third try and one classic deflection goal. This wasn't even the worst goaltending performance in the Rangers - Penguins matches this season, let alone something so extraordinarily bad that his teammates should be pissed enough with him to even contemplate a physical altercation.

I guess it’s irrelevant to this discussion, but statistically it was absolutely the worst so far in the three games. We can go back and forth about the goals and the performance, but I’m still curious why there can’t be an altercation with a goalie. And how do we know DeAngelo started it?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Its called being an adult and waitinf for information. You sound like you watch and believe every single thing the news says. "Well someone on CNN said it so it MUST be right"

All this thread is, is supposition and derangement on a typical HFB scale. No info... no facts...no experience personally but everyone knows better and will give their 2 cents. Knowing full well they would never eat crow when they are wrong
Plenty of info, plenty of a facts. Punished by his own team/the OHL multiple times for shitting on teammates/attitude/character issues; bounced around NHL teams including the team that drafted him high, before he even played a game; the numerous consistent rumors over his career on a scale few if any other players have seen... then this incident which nobody is taking steps to dispel for an entire day. Teammates not coming out in force to defend him.

As explained in previous pages, how his team is going about this is highly unusual, hence the attention of journalists who watch teams for a living

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->