Waived: [NYR] Tony DeAngelo (Mod: No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Some people never conquer their anger issues...if he hasn't by now he never will. Not worth the aggravation, especially since he has repeatedly had those issues with his own teammates.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

I would be astonished if any NHL organization was dumb enough to give this unrepentant, unsalvageable, cancerous, bigoted POS another chance. Because he definitely does not deserve it.
Da7HtPN.jpg

Link
This is despicable.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Tony is only 25, so he can be bought out this summer for minimal cap hit. I doubt any team will claim him, but that could be a consideration in terms of a team rolling the dice on him for the rest of this year.
Its not just the cap hit though, thats a lot of real dollars in a season where owners are going to lose money

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
But guys, let's wait for DeAngelo's side of the story!!!1! /s

Seriously, the dude keeps blowing every chance he has. He's been racist in junior, he's clearly not learned his lesson from bouncing around the league.

Dude's nowhere near good enough to be able to overshadow his stupidity with his play, which is what usually saves star players if they say or do really stupid shit.

Reactions: hmc1987

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
He’s out of the NHL, possibly forever.

this stuff isn’t new, go back to his prospect thread he’s been a known problem and it was always overlooked due to his talent. He got that contract because he can play, doesn’t change his shitty behaviour.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He’s out of the NHL, possibly forever.

this stuff isn’t new, go back to his prospect thread he’s been a known problem and it was always overlooked due to his talent. He got that contract because he can play, doesn’t change his shitty behaviour.

TB got rid of him under suspicious circumstances. He was getting scratched in Syracuse despite putting up good numbers, and then we sold low on him at the draft -- Yzerman never sells low. They wanted him out of the organization.

Not sure if something similar happened in Arizona, but yeah, this goes back to junior.

It's amazing that a guy this talented might not be able to get an NHL job after this.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
TB got rid of him under suspicious circumstances. He was getting scratched in Syracuse despite putting up good numbers, and then we sold low on him at the draft -- Yzerman never sells low. They wanted him out of the organization.

Not sure if something similar happened in Arizona, but yeah, this goes back to junior.

It's amazing that a guy this talented might not be able to get an NHL job after this.
It’s not amazing, it’s the sad reality that Aliu and the HDA referenced.

The NHL isn’t ready for this kind of change. It took Gregoriev and Kreifet to oust DeAngelo who is good.

I wanted Minnesota to claim him before I knew that racist treatment was involved, so I’ll put it out there my bad.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The "locker room cancer" theory is pure speculation. Every indication is to the contrary, so those people need to explain why they are bringing up something completely unfounded. And the Rangers need to explain why they've made this decision. It clearly seems like a falling out between player and coach/management.

I won't make much comment about your second comment because I know the drill, but I will only suggest that you don't seem aware that your views are not as widespread as you believe. You should try to be more open-minded about other viewpoints, and at least acknowledge their prevalence instead of castigating people for thinking differently than you.
Follow up from Blueshirt Banter rags blog

“The incident, which specifically triggered the altercation last night, was possibly a miscommunication that led to Sidney Crosby’s overtime goal. However, based on information Blueshirt Banter has gathered on background for multiple years now, the two were apparently never on the best of terms as far back as the 2017-18 season when the two were teammates in Hartford, the AHL affiliate.

*Furthermore, three separate sources independently confirmed to Blueshirt Banter that there was concern at various levels of the organization regarding DeAngelo’s treatment of rookie defenseman K’Andre Miller. Sources did not wish to go on the record with specific examples but indicated that it was an issue that caught the attention and ire of multiple players in the organization.

Additionally, sources say tension has been building up in the locker room prior to the incident on Saturday night.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad