Waived: [NYR] Tony DeAngelo (Mod: No politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
It really early in the process but someone has to bring up the horse on the dining room table. If Tony D did/said things to K Miller and the coaching staff did nothing until last night's fight, doesn't the entire staff have to go?

We don't know all the details with Tony D and Miller so I admit I am speculating a bit.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
There should be a clause in the contract that has behavior related termination
Yeah, it's a part of the standard player contract:

CBA page 318 said:
14. The Club may also terminate this SPC upon written notice to the Player (but only after obtaining Waivers from all other Clubs) if the Player shall at any time: (a) fail, refuse, or neglect to obey the Club's rules governing training and conduct of Players, if such failure, refusal or neglect should constitute a material breach of this SPC.

Assuming the rumors are true, it would seem likely that this is the Rangers taking the first step to terminating the contract.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
What's the alternative? That he's a good guy that just happens to be accused of the same stuff by different people at every level of this sport so far? Please enlighten me.

Its called being an adult and waitinf for information. You sound like you watch and believe every single thing the news says. "Well someone on CNN said it so it MUST be right"

All this thread is, is supposition and derangement on a typical HFB scale. No info... no facts...no experience personally but everyone knows better and will give their 2 cents. Knowing full well they would never eat crow when they are wrong

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I just lost a long post, so I’ll try again. This one may be a little shorter.

You don’t seem to understand what a “locker room cancer” is. It suggests that the player has frequent problems with teammates and hurts team morale. There’s really no indication of that. As I said, to the contrary. DeAngelo is apparently very well liked in that locker room. And as you acknowledged, teammates get into physical fights. It’s more common than fans think. No one is suggesting Georgiyev is a “locker room cancer” for getting into a fight with DeAngelo, which makes my point. People only care about it because of the player being discussed. They wouldn’t for other players.

As I already suggested, this seems to be a direct decision from the coach/management not wanting to deal with DeAngelo anymore. I’ve never suggested that he doesn’t invite controversy. Between being right wing, being very active in talking to fans, being very willing to chirp back at fans, his on ice demeanor, his style of play, and some previous behavior from years back, he’s a lightning rod.

The team has clearly been trying to get rid of him since the summer. And then he had some issues with the coach a few weeks ago. I’m sure they just had enough and didn’t want to deal more with having this guy on the team. That doesn’t mean what they did was right. They need to explain their decision to everyone, and the reasons behind it.

I also have never suggested that this stuff doesn’t effect DeAngelo’s trade value in the league. Look at all the people in this thread who have such hate for him, despite having never met him. They call him a horrible person. He’s a stranger to them. I’m sure there are large segments in the NHL who also hold that view. That doesn’t however mean he’s a “locker room” cancer. There’s really no evidence that his play on the ice or in the locker room is any type of problem. Teams are free to make their own decisions based on other stuff, but let’s not get the situation twisted.

I think you might be correlating evidence with proof, cause while the proof is questionable the evidence is piling up big time. You argue that DeAngelo is well liked in the locker room, is there more than some fluff articles to suggest this is true?

There have been fights between teammates in the past among several teams, especially with things are going awful (losing streaks can do a lot for dedicated professionals), but cutting a player like this isn't done with a lot of thought. I'm not going to hop on the Miller angle without knowing more on a personal level, but for the Rangers to cut a talented offensive D-man in this era of hockey should clue one in that his position.

Let me put it this way: if DeAngelo isn't a locker room cancer, then there will be chirping of teammates being angry behind the scenes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
DeAngelo has been treating Miller like shit, apparently.

There. Explained to you.

Is this about race? That’s what I’m guessing this is? It sounds like a wild conspiracy theory.

And DeAngelo was one of the first players to defend Miller when he was racially abused last year. It sounds like a wild conspiracy theory that isn’t suited to be discussed in a thread like this.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Isn’t he not playing well? Maybe they waived him so they can put him on the taxi squad and that’s all it is, get himself together.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Is this about race? That’s what I’m guessing this is? It sounds like a wild conspiracy theory.

And DeAngelo was one of the first players to defend Miller when he was racially abused last year. It sounds like a wild conspiracy theory that isn’t suited to be discussed in a thread like this.

*shrugs*

We’re not in the dressing room. But if the rest of your teammates are pissed at you because of how you’re treating a rookie, it’s bad.

I’m not gonna speculate if it’s racially motivated though. Just that it doesn’t look good.

Reactions: majormajor

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Its about being a locker room cancer and crossing lines to the point that the team doesn't want you. Whether his political views, his cultural views, his on-ice / off-ice opinions, his personality or lack of intelligence tipped the scales - no one knows. But what is undeniable is that ADA is a locker room cancer that the NYR want off the team.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Wasnt TDA one of the first people to defend K’andre this summer after the zoom incident?

I dont buy one word of bs Adam Herman is spewing. Guy has the biggest agenda

Reactions: Punished ROR

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Ew Twitter.

As a Canadian I actually have no problem with the thing itself on what it should be (USA producing it’s own goods aspect). It’s the rest I think is wackadoo
Yep.
For all of the media babbling, the policies were actually sound for IS Citizens. There has to be more than merely Twitter tweets to this though. The guy produces, there has to be some management/player or player/player friction I'd imagine.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So to be clear, “no politics” means we simply can’t defend Deangelo’s politics in any way.

People are allowed to call him a terrible human being, but others aren’t allowed to ask them to explain why, and any defense of Deangelo is simply not allowed.

Got it? Good.

Yeah, not a huge fan of DeAngelo but the chatter seems awfully selective if not biased. The world we live in.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Don't know why anyone even bothers with @Pavel Buchnevich.

He's clearly willing to write mini novels to defend DeAngelo. Did the same thing with Mitchell Miller during his fiasco.

The fact of the matter, quite simply, is that Tony DeAngelo is a scum of the earth, despicable trash human being and anyone who even defends him in the sliiiiightest needs to look themselves in the mirror.

f*** Tony DeAngelo. I'm also very disappointed in the number of people I saw defending him on the Rangers board.

Be better people.

Agreed he probably is all of those things and I won't defend him, given all the really gross stuff he has pulled. It is obvious that he has done some very bad things.

And thank you for definitively stating he is scum of the earth, and a despicable trash human being. Serious question - do you think he even deserves to live? He certainly shouldn't have the right to share his gross opinions, and @Pavel Buchnevich definitely needs some deprogramming. Social media platforms should check with you regarding questionable posts from hockey players because you sure seem to have it figured out. We certainly appreciate your virtue-monitoring here. Are you like a monk or priest or something? Please keep helping us understand how to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad