Confirmed Trade: [NYR/TBL] Barclay Goodrow's UFA rights for 2022 7th round pick

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The right type of player they need, but I’m a little nervous on what his contract might look like. I also have to think more moves are coming.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
I’m still admiring this epic troll job by Tampa and Rangers.
So Francis claimed that he was going to put the screws to teams for helping them with cap issues. So what happened today. The Rangers acquired Goodrows rights for a 7th round draft pick not this year but next. Now why trade for someone’s rights for almost nothing from Tampa’s point of view and a player you probably can’t afford from Rags point of view (need to sign Zibanejad Fox buchnevich Kakko Shesterkin Laferniere strome or replacement in the very near future I mean that’s a lot of cap)
simple. Kraken are trying to sign Goodrow so now if they do they just used up their choice from the Rangers. And now the opposite applies to Bolts. They have to shed a lot of cap so signing Goodrow from Tampa they could put the screws to Tampa as picking Goodrow didn’t help them shed any cap. Now they have to pick someone that will shed cap. Most have Yanni Gourde as their pick so that will help them shed 5.2 mi and not be stuck negotiating with Francis. Because so far it appears no one wants to negotiate with Francis

Reactions: Meuracas

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Christian Erhoff, Islanders legend.
Jimmy Vesey. There have been a lot. Sometimes the guy signs, sometimes he doesn’t. At least this way, rangers can lock him up without him hearing another offer or another team driving up the price. Smart move for a player they need.
They gave up basically nothing, unless Goodrow is hell bent on goin to UFA

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
So Francis claimed that he was going to put the screws to teams for helping them with cap issues. So what happened today. The Rangers acquired Goodrows rights for a 7th round draft pick not this year but next. Now why trade for someone’s rights for almost nothing from Tampa’s point of view and a player you probably can’t afford from Rags point of view (need to sign Zibanejad Fox buchnevich Kakko Shesterkin Laferniere strome or replacement in the very near future I mean that’s a lot of cap)
simple. Kraken are trying to sign Goodrow so now if they do they just used up their choice from the Rangers. And now the opposite applies to Bolts. They have to shed a lot of cap so signing Goodrow from Tampa they could put the screws to Tampa as picking Goodrow didn’t help them shed any cap. Now they have to pick someone that will shed cap. Most have Yanni Gourde as their pick so that will help them shed 5.2 mi and not be stuck negotiating with Francis. Because so far it appears no one wants to negotiate with Francis
From a Bolts point of view this is spot on, but the Rangers can most definitely afford to sign Goodrow and its already being reported that a deal is close.

Reactions: pld459666

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah, we weren't worried about losing anybody important. So trading for Goodrow in hopes that he ends up Seattle's pick is definitely not what took place.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Paragraphs, man.....

Paragraphs ...

I would have attempted reading it....

But f***ing paragraphs, man...............

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Really good player for his role. The Coleman-Gourde-Goodrow line was all over the place against the Habs.

I don't think this has anything to do with Seattle in particular.

Reactions: The Sweetness

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Rangers will love this guy but the rumors of the contract are a bit worrying.

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
Has there been cases of trades like this....but that didn't succeed? so ultimately the pick is wasted

Vs examples where it did turn into a worthwhile trade?

anyone have examples
Rangers traded the rights to Messier to Sharks in 2003 for "future considerations". I think something like: earlier pick if he signed, or a later pick if he didn't, SJS also got a draft pick if Messier didn't sign I think.
Messier obviously didn't sign and the Rangers got a fourth round pick in the end which they used to draft Ryan Callahan. Messier signed back with the Rangers before the season started. ESPN.com: NHL - Rangers part ways with Messier, at least for now

The day before that happened, the Rangers had traded Brian Leetch's rights to Edmonton but not much came from that and Leetch signed with Rangers again. ESPN.com: NHL - Leetch on the move after Rangers trade rights

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Goody was absolutely critical to Tampa's back-to-back championships. I assume he gets $3.8 x 6. A little bit of an overpay, but he is well worth it given the intangibles. He will be your top penalty killer, relentless on the forecheck, a bigger body, and someone who will shape the culture of your organization in the right way. Guess who was on the ice for the last minutes in the Cup clinching games versus Dallas and Montreal? Goody, blocking bombs from Shea Weber, limping off the ice and not missing a shift. The guy is a warrior and WINNER. He will be greatly in Tampa. He has been underpaid for years. He deserves a great contract.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
upload_2021-7-18_10-8-11.jpeg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I believe it. Hes done very well with Tampa and a lot of the media has talked about his impact. Now is literally the best time for him to ca$h in.

They got a free 7th round pick for the rights to a guy they can’t re-sign. What’s the confusion?

With Tampas skill at drafting that guy will be a core piece in no time :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad