Confirmed Trade: [NYR/TBL] Barclay Goodrow's UFA rights for 2022 7th round pick

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Can someone please explain why Tampa did this trade? I don't mean it was bad in any way, I just don't understand it, since Goodrow is an UFA. Is it somehow related to expansion? How?

Get a pick for a guy they were about to lose, seems simple enough.

Surely the Rangers have more coming though, right? Odd to make this trade now if they aren't going to protect him.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I have no idea why Tampa is moving Goodrow... or why Vegas is picking up Howden. Weird moves for the other teams, but those are solid trades for NYR.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'll just say that Gerard Gallant is all out of bubblegum...

470B9DD9-9401-40B0-B087-8423FC3498C2.gif

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Thought so. The cartwheels in here made me question myself. People are acting like Tampa just got robbed blind lol.

You have no idea what we dealt with last year. The fact that our new GM is at least attempting to make us somewhat difficult to play against while simultaneously dumping Brett Howden is enough for us to be elated.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
I know Goodrow has been a player a lot of NYR Twitter has been wanting them to sign for a while now (along with Coleman and a few others). Could be a good addition, but needs to be the right price/term, otherwise it defeats the purpose. Hopefully we can work out a reasonable deal.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad