Proposal: NYR & SJS

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With what cap space...? Boston is right up against the cap. ADA held out for a bigger contract then reality hit him.

Boston Bruins - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It’s painful watching you struggle.

Oh please get real.
Just as we were forced to move, er sacrifice, Vesey for only a third to get instant cap cushion for breadman, so would Bs have been forced to bite the bullet.
That would mean an undesirable, painful move or two or three to yield enuf cap space.

And Bruins would go there.
They need McA more than he needs them.
THAT is THE bottom line, that drives the conclusion.
Waiting on McA = B's cutting their nose to spite their face.
Toronto eventually capitulated mid season on Nylander, and Boston won't wait that long.

ADA is not apt comparison.
Rangers in driver seat w/him.
Happy to have but can move for a 1st.
McA is too much talent for Boston to move w/o massive return.

Consider yourself rebuffed.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Oh please get real.
Just as we were forced to move, er sacrifice, Vesey for only a third to get instant cap cushion for breadman, so would Bs have been forced to bite the bullet.
That would mean an undesirable, painful move or two or three to yield enuf cap space.

Vesey had no future in NY and would have been moved regardless of Panarin signing or not.

And Bruins would go there.
They need McA more than he needs them.
THAT is THE bottom line, that drives the conclusion.
Waiting on McA = B's cutting their nose to spite their face.
Toronto eventually capitulated mid season on Nylander, and Boston won't wait that long.

You're still comparing apples to oranges. Kreider and MacAvoy are not comparable situations regardless of how many words you try to use to prove your failed point.

LOL - Bern, like I said it's painful watching you struggle.
giphy.gif

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Good thing OP wasn't requesting one.

Wouldn't touch this from a Ranger's POV.

If Zibanejad is a #1C, so is Hertl. It’s that simple.

It’s true that Hertl’s shooting percentage was high last season, but that’s hardly the only thing that changed. Anyone who has watched Hertl over the past few seasons saw this break out year coming from a mile away.

If the Rangers make this trade, their rebuild is over. Right now, the only major piece they’re missing is a 2C, and Hertl would be an elite one. They make the playoffs this year and every year in the near future.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If Zibanejad is a #1C, so is Hertl. It’s that simple.

It’s true that Hertl’s shooting percentage was high last season, but that’s hardly the only thing that changed. Anyone who has watched Hertl over the past few seasons saw this break out year coming from a mile away.

If the Rangers make this trade, their rebuild is over. Right now, the only major piece they’re missing is a 2C, and Hertl would be an elite one. They make the playoffs this year and every year in the near future.
I think the problem is then that NYR’s D still isn’t good. They got Trouba and then other than him it’s a bunch of unproven young guys or proven garbage.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
...LOL - Bern, like I said it's painful watching you struggle.
giphy.gif

He who laughs last.....

Vesey had no future in NY and would have been moved regardless of Panarin signing or not.
called for bs

whether or not his roster spot was going to someone else in the larger scheme of things, it does not change the fact that a 20 goal scorer was unloaded overnight to get instant cap relief.
Rangers had decent cap position, tho failure to unload Namest, Smith and others came home to roost. Once Pana and Trouba signed, we needed extra cap IMMEDIATELY.
Necessary in the situation sacrifices were made, and sacrifices cost/have pain.
That is the correct point.
Under better timing, we would not have moved Vesey for only a third. For what little he cost, while an incomplete player, he was good value of production v. salary.
If we lose out on breadman, we don't give Vesey the bum's rush.
You're still comparing apples to oranges. Kreider and MacAvoy are not comparable situations regardless of how many words you try to use to prove your failed point.
You make an ad hominum point without any substantiation.
You are entitled to your opinion, in this specific instance, due to your own failure to substantiate, it is more bs.

An extended Kreider is more valuable to Rangers than any other scenario, other than him being traded for huge profit to NY. However, logic dictates a trade partner offers more if he is under contract for more term at decent or better $. Chris' current situation is he is expiring to be UFA. He, not the club, is in the driver's seat. Therefore it is more likely a club will not max pay at present. So whether it is to utilize his production, or to trade him down the road, it behooves NY to extend him as soon as possible. Thankfully Namest is buh bye, and one or two more moves and that will happen. If NY did not raise the cap space by cutting deadwood such as Namest, etc., and fails to follow through, with another repurposing/recovery of player salary, then another sacrifice or two such as Vesey was will be in order. Possibly even Buchnevich.

This is parallel to McAvoy.
Bruins wanted him long term at affordable money and could not generate that construct. They are lucky McA decided to make nice and they got a couple of years out of him at a steal level of pay.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He who laughs last.....

called for bs

whether or not his roster spot was going to someone else in the larger scheme of things, it does not change the fact that a 20 goal scorer was unloaded overnight to get instant cap relief.
Rangers had decent cap position, tho failure to unload Namest, Smith and others came home to roost. Once Pana and Trouba signed, we needed extra cap IMMEDIATELY.
Necessary in the situation sacrifices were made, and sacrifices cost/have pain.
That is the correct point.
Under better timing, we would not have moved Vesey for only a third. For what little he cost, while an incomplete player, he was good value of production v. salary.
If we lose out on breadman, we don't give Vesey the bum's rush.

You make an ad hominum point without any substantiation.
You are entitled to your opinion, in this specific instance, due to your own failure to substantiate, it is more bs.

An extended Kreider is more valuable to Rangers than any other scenario, other than him being traded for huge profit to NY. However, logic dictates a trade partner offers more if he is under contract for more term at decent or better $. Chris' current situation is he is expiring to be UFA. He, not the club, is in the driver's seat. Therefore it is more likely a club will not max pay at present. So whether it is to utilize his production, or to trade him down the road, it behooves NY to extend him as soon as possible. Thankfully Namest is buh bye, and one or two more moves and that will happen. If NY did not raise the cap space by cutting deadwood such as Namest, etc., and fails to follow through, with another repurposing/recovery of player salary, then another sacrifice or two such as Vesey was will be in order. Possibly even Buchnevich.

This is parallel to McAvoy.
Bruins wanted him long term at affordable money and could not generate that construct. They are lucky McA decided to make nice and they got a couple of years out of him at a steal level of pay.

I stopped reading after you claimed Vesey is a 20G scorer. He's played 3 season's and has never scored 20 or more goals, so, he's not a 20G scorer.

I'll say it again - comparing a 21 year old RFA dmen to a 29 year old pending UFA winger is a silly comparison. Your magna carta sized responses are proof of that. You're trying to prove something that isn't there.

Reactions: Shootertooter

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I stopped reading after you claimed Vesey is a 20G scorer. He's played 3 season's and has never scored 20 or more goals, so, he's not a 20G scorer.

I'll say it again - comparing a 21 year old RFA dmen to a 29 year old pending UFA winger is a silly comparison. Your magna carta sized responses are proof of that. You're trying to prove something that isn't there.

Vesey is close enough on the 20

The comparison is apt, not silly. The original point is about how cap space is a scarce resource and if that is not fully managed properly, clubs have to make sacrifices on occasion.
The Bruins ARE fortunate McA did not do a Nylander and hold out.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
If SJS continue to crap out and are out of it early. I wonder if they will start making trades to improve farm system?

Right now, one website I looked at has them ranked as the worst farm system in the NHL.

The Rangers could be looking for a young player that is in the NHL to run the 2nd line Center spot. Someone like Tomáš Hertl would be a great fit.

Would something like this work?

SJS trade:

Thomas Hertl

NYR trade:

Filip Chytil
Libor Hajek
Georgiov
2nd round pick

I don’t know what exactly are the needs for SJ. They improve 3 positions with youth players and a draft pick.

This deal makes no sense for the Rangers. Mostly because of Georgiev who I think can be a good starter. Hank is almost done so the Rangers are probably going to go Georgiev and Shesterkin soon unless Huska steps up bigtime. If San Jose was to trde Hertl my guess it would have to involve a total fire sale. Trading players like Burns, etc.... I don't think the Sharks are going anywhere and seem to be a team stuck in limbo. So IMO they really need to rebuild which means a lot of popular players need to go in the right deals.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This deal makes no sense for the Rangers. Mostly because of Georgiev who I think can be a good starter. Hank is almost done so the Rangers are probably going to go Georgiev and Shesterkin soon unless Huska steps up bigtime. If San Jose was to trde Hertl my guess it would have to involve a total fire sale. Trading players like Burns, etc.... I don't think the Sharks are going anywhere and seem to be a team stuck in limbo. So IMO they really need to rebuild which means a lot of popular players need to go in the right deals.

The Sharks don't need to rebuild. They just need to play better which they have the past three games. From a talent perspective, they're a top six winger short of a pretty solid roster. Even without one, they have a solid roster if they actually play defense. lol

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Vesey is close enough on the 20

The comparison is apt, not silly. The original point is about how cap space is a scarce resource and if that is not fully managed properly, clubs have to make sacrifices on occasion.
The Bruins ARE fortunate McA did not do a Nylander and hold out.

A player is not a 20 goal scorer until he actually scores 20 goals.
This is factual.

Reactions: BStinson

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

This is why people react to you the way they do.
Besides the general silliness of what you say, the passive/aggressive nonsense
queues them to snark back at you. Always fun to see, as if you can't believe nobody else sees the "common sense"
of what you are opining. I use the quoted very loosely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad