Proposal: NYR & SJS

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
A Buch extension is probably 5-6.

Kreider at 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Buchnevich at 5.5.

Like, AINEC.

Says you.

As a Rangers fan, I feel that

Buch at 5m is >>>>>>>>>> Kreider 7m+

Kreider will be 29 in the off-season. I will pass on the 7 year deal when it takes him to 36 years old. I also don’t think he will take less term and a team will offer him 7 years.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Says you.

Kreider will be 29 in the off-season. I will pass on the 7 year deal when it takes him to 36 years old. I also don’t think he will take less term and a team will offer him 7 years.

He’s also a Ranger fan.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'd hate to lose Georgiev but yeah i'd do that trade. Top 6 would be filthy with Hertl at C. Sharks wouldn't do it though they're not rebuilding. They're trying to win right now.

Reactions: Machinehead

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Hajek+Chytil is a big price. Possible 2nd pairing defenceman and potential top 6 C for a current top 6 C. Risky move.

Also, not sure this helps San Jose a whole lot, unless they feel they need to shake up the room.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
And here we come to why I would make a horrible GM. I'm still butthurt about the way Hertl scored that 4th goal on us years ago, so nope, wouldn't do this trade.

Hey, at least I'm aware this is a terrible reason! :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Says you.

Kreider will do 5 yrs 6.2 per IMO
he is exceptional fitness wise
no prob him at 34ish
likely good shortly after also, but take the pound and see where things are after 5 yrs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If SJS continue to crap out and are out of it early. I wonder if they will start making trades to improve farm system?

Right now, one website I looked at has them ranked as the worst farm system in the NHL.

The Rangers could be looking for a young player that is in the NHL to run the 2nd line Center spot. Someone like Tomáš Hertl would be a great fit.

Would something like this work?

SJS trade:

Thomas Hertl

NYR trade:

Filip Chytil
Libor Hajek
Georgiov
2nd round pick

I don’t know what exactly are the needs for SJ. They improve 3 positions with youth players and a draft pick.

I don't fully agree w/yr premise.
SJS want to contend this yr, barring injuries.
Like someone said, look at SLB last yr.

That said I will courtesy entertain your prop, b'c in theory if enough is overpaid in high enough currency then you get needed depth which may be enuf to offset loss of star short term, and gain long term.

Rangers, however, will not oblige on your OP, which is to be commended for good faith effort to a win win. NY says no, but may consider with alternate pieces.

Chytil is not untouchable, but I like him more than the improved and emerging Lias Andersson. Chytil is a piece I would surrender IN A PACKAGE for the likes of Seider, not Hertl.

As I have been saying, Skjei and his 5.25 should be dealt, not only since we have Hajek and Lindgren emerging to replace him and Staal, but b'c there are limitations down the road with the exp draft.

Gotta think way ahead.
After 3 yrs elcs Kakko + Kravtsov will command big raises even as rfas.
Need to keep Haj to make Skjei expendable.

Georgiev is available since we have Shesty. We would be eating into his first elc year, so we would need enough profit elsewhere to do it, but he is available.

Whether it is from current roster, or after a couple of other trades first, I think something adequate to your premise can be achieved. But I have to think about it and get back to you this w/e at earliest.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
His agent should be fired if that’s the case. Lesser players have recently signed bigger contracts.

You think Kreiders going to do the Rangers a favor and leave millions on the table... You’re wrong as usual.

There's no f***ing way in hell he's signing that contract because some kook at HF thinks so. His agent should have his license with the NHL PA revoked if he let Kreider agree to that.

BTW as far as the proposal, all the players on the Rangers side of the ledger are arguably very easily replaced from within, so yeah do that deal.

Reactions: Kupo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->