Proposal: NYR & SJS

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
If SJS continue to crap out and are out of it early. I wonder if they will start making trades to improve farm system?

Right now, one website I looked at has them ranked as the worst farm system in the NHL.

The Rangers could be looking for a young player that is in the NHL to run the 2nd line Center spot. Someone like Tomáš Hertl would be a great fit.

Would something like this work?

SJS trade:

Thomas Hertl

NYR trade:

Filip Chytil
Libor Hajek
Georgiov
2nd round pick

I don’t know what exactly are the needs for SJ. They improve 3 positions with youth players and a draft pick.

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
NYRsay no. JD has already said he wont trade any youth to hinder long term success. Were only 2 games in and although Hertl is good, the Rangers would need to be in a guaranteed playoff spot in January or February to do this, especially with all the centers going in the draft this year.

Reactions: haveandare

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
NYRsay no. JD has already said he wont trade any youth to hinder long term success. Were only 2 games in and although Hertl is good, the Rangers would need to be in a guaranteed playoff spot in January or February to do this, especially with all the centers going in the draft this year.

I agree with you but we are getting a cornerstone type piece that is 25 years old. You can expect him to be really good for 5+ years. We have a goalie replacement and Lundqvist is playing at least another year. Hertl is replacing Chytil and Hajek is a loss but we did a great job building the defense prospect pool.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Sharks aren’t trading Hertl.

It’s been 4 games, three of which were against very very good goalies and the last of which was their first with close to their full roster (Simek still out w/injury) and they looked better. Chill.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Funny guy. We aren’t rebuilding and we don’t want a bunch of future ok players for hertl. If we move him it would have to be a really great prospect/player coming back

Reactions: Gecklund

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm shocked Rangers fans are saying no this. He'd immediately be our 2nd or 3rd best player (he and Zib are a toss up, recency bias probably has us feeling Zib is miles better though) and with Hertl as our 2C we are a lot closer to getting back to the playoffs. But then again I'm probably more desperate to fill that crater sized hole we have at center than others in this thread easily passing on this trade.

I understand not wanting to trade our young guys before we know what we got with them but signing Panarin speeds our timetable up, we aren't paying him $11 million to miss the playoffs.

And the value is so ridiculously skewed in our favor it would be hard to say no.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider is as good as gone after this year. The Rangers while good now are still probably not making the playoffs and they could very well be in the mix for Byfield depending on where they finish.
If we get a 25 year old elite 2c (probably closer to 1C), the rebuild is over.

And then you extend Kreider.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
If we get a 25 year old elite 2c (probably closer to 1C), the rebuild is over.

And then you extend Kreider.

I don’t think Kreider is worth 7m+ a year.

I would like to see in the future:

Panarin-Zibby-Kakko
Kravtsov-Hertl-Buch
Lemieux-Anderson-Howden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad