Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XXXVIII (Going to the wire - Let´s go crazy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Really? Cause pirri is a terrible player defensively which is what we need in the bottom 6

Also not scoring

McGinn a much better 4th line fit.

We need more shooters. If there is one thing that Pirri can do its that. His sh% is down a bit this year but those things usually find a way to correct themselves.

Assuming that this team adds a forward or two, other guys will shift down to the lower lines. McGinn won't be needed.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Said on the other board as well jas Versteeg would be a good fit as well if they could get him with Staal

The only roster player avail IMO is lindberg AV isn't going to let Gorton deal Fast.

But I'd have those exact lines only my 4th is Stalberg Moore Fast if those moves are made

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Shattenkirk's an off-season move. And the only two players I could see moved off the roster at the deadline are Lindberg or Fast. Put one in a package for Staal and Versteeg, get back Nash and go to war.

Miller/Brass/Zuke
Staal/Step/Nash
Kreider/Hayes/Versteeg
Lindberg/Moore/Stalberg

Looks deep and solid to me.

Staal and Versteeg for Fast? We would have to be throwing in a 1st and a top prospect at the very least.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We need more shooters. If there is one thing that Pirri can do its that. His sh% is down a bit this year but those things usually find a way to correct themselves.

Assuming that this team adds a forward or two, other guys will shift down to the lower lines. McGinn won't be needed.

Pirri would not crack the top 9 if we added Staal as well. Are you not watching our issues? We need 2 way solid players pirri is a liability and if he's not in your top 6 he isn't helping you. Even fla has press boxed him because of it. Don't put players like that on your 4th line and that's where he'd be here

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Said on the other board as well jas Versteeg would be a good fit as well if they could get him with Staal

The only roster player avail IMO is lindberg AV isn't going to let Gorton deal Fast.

But I'd have those exact lines only my 4th is Stalberg Moore Fast if those moves are made

RH shot...versatile player...pushes Fast and Stalberg down, making the Rangers deeper. As for E. Staal, I'm okay with giving this group one more shot. After they do win, they get validated. If not, time to move people out and re-structure.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
CAR-NYR trade talks for Eric Staal in a nutshell: CAR wants 1st rd pick; NYR adamant about not giving up 1st rd pick. So...

Walk away, Jeff. Please don't give up ANOTHER first rounder

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Pirri would not crack the top 9 if we added Staal as well. Are you not watching our issues? We need 2 way solid players pirri is a liability and if he's not in your top 6 he isn't helping you. Even fla has press boxed him because of it. Don't put players like that on your 4th line and that's where he'd be here

Our issues are on the blue line and special teams. He wouldn't help the PK at all and he obviously wouldn't dress as a defenseman but he could definitely help the PP and it would be nice to have someone who isn't afraid to shoot at all costs.

Hes only press boxed right now because hes hurt, not because of performance.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He was scratched in Jan for his defensive play my friend

Lefty shot center

So assuming we get E Staal which is the plan he's playing over who exactly?

Miller Brass
Staal Stepan
Kreider Hayes

He's on the fourth line if he's lucky which is a spot he doesn't belong. Need players to be placed in positions to succeed can't just video game it

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He was scratched in Jan for his defensive play my friend

Lefty shot center

So assuming we get E Staal which is the plan he's playing over who exactly?

Miller Brass
Staal Stepan
Kreider Hayes

He's on the fourth line if he's lucky which is a spot he doesn't belong. Need players to be placed in positions to succeed can't just video game it

RW with Kreider and Hayes?

That was easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad