Speculation: NYR Roster Building Thread Part XXXVIII (Going to the wire - Let´s go crazy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Lot of players could be on the move.

Could Grabner be a fit? Would PA Parenteau work on a line with Zuccarello and Brassard?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
No to Pirri please. Yeah, he can show flashes of goal production but his lack of defensive awareness subsides that value.

Eric Staal would be nice, puck possession guy who can be looked to as a leader on and off the ice. He is always 50+ in point production, but look at Nash when he was in CBJ. Anyone see the age correlation between the two players too? If we could get him cheap, which I doubt, I would be interested. But seeing what Ladd went for, I could see three assets heading the other way - one being Lindberg.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I'd be ok with Staal and Yak if we could steal them both. Gives us some strength in the wings and more threats. Shattenkirk would also be nice.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
naw I'm good. :laugh:

explain our record the 20 games prior to nash injury and explain the teams record without him.

what he adds is exactly what ?

imo, if not for the injury, his real value would have been to be moved.

were stuck with him now. throw him on the 3rd line with hayes and lindy. move stalberg to line 4 where he belongs.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

explain our record the 20 games prior to nash injury and explain the teams record without him.

were stuck with him now. throw him on the 3rd line with hayes and lindy. move stalberg to line 4 where he belongs.

The whole team is playing better. Maybe with Nash they wouldn't have lost a game - that's all speculation and a pretty small sample size.

Nash is great defensively, gifted offensively, and a good PK'er. A lot of teams would like to be "stuck" with him.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

Calling Mr. Silverfish... Mr. Silverfish to the speculation thread

I wouldn't trade Fast and I don't think AV would either. If they're getting a starter, it's probably Lindberg.
I know I'd keep Lindberg over Fast. But yeah i agree AV likes his boys and him and tanner aren't going anywhere.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pirri is a bad choice

Jamie McGinn would be terrific

Staal Stepan Nash
Miller Brassard Zucc
Kreider Hayes Fast
McGinn Moore Stalberg

That is filthy

mti79

May 11, 2007
I try not to get too worked up over all the speculation/rumors. It's the Rangers. I've come to expect the worst while hoping for the best. Whatever moves we make, I just hope that we don't overpay.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Eric Staal really only has 10 goals this season? I swear if we trade another 1st or one of our top 7 prospects for him i'm going to flip.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Really? Cause pirri is a terrible player defensively which is what we need in the bottom 6

Also not scoring

McGinn a much better 4th line fit.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'd be ok with Staal and Yak if we could steal them both. Gives us some strength in the wings and more threats. Shattenkirk would also be nice.

Shattenkirk's an off-season move. And the only two players I could see moved off the roster at the deadline are Lindberg or Fast. Put one in a package for Staal and Versteeg, get back Nash and go to war.

Miller/Brass/Zuke
Staal/Step/Nash
Kreider/Hayes/Versteeg
Lindberg/Moore/Stalberg

Looks deep and solid to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad