Confirmed Trade: [NYR/NSH] Cody McLeod for 2020 7th round pick

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Preds made their run to the Final with McLeod and then waived him midway through last season and honestly haven't been the same team since. He's not a gamebreaker, not going to make a difference on the scoresheet at all, won't play every night, but for a 7th round pick this move has more value to the Preds than a lot of you realize.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Are the Preds intimidated by the Jets' big D, or something? I'm not sure Boyle and McLeod are going to worry the Jets that much. Presumably, Poile isn't finished yet.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'd love to see Adam Lowry and Cody McLeod throw em in a 2nd round playoff matchup even tho its a bade tradeoff for WPG.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Are the Preds intimidated by the Jets' big D, or something? I'm not sure Boyle and McLeod are going to worry the Jets that much. Presumably, Poile isn't finished yet.
Laugh all you want. We didn't really have guys to stand up for any cheap antics, not just Jets, but against anyone.

Reactions: preds1

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Boyle = Watson replacement (different position but hopefully covers the size gap)
McCleod = Rinaldo replacement for regular season goonery

I seriously doubt these are Poile's true deadline movies. Could be done but I doubt it.

Reactions: RickP

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Clearly, my post came before the trade was posted. Regardless of what moves the Preds make, they have a good team just how they are from the net out.
Was kind of the point. Declaring them the Cup winners because they were making another trade before even having a remote idea of what it involved was a bit silly.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
More net running players to Nashville for the playoffs. Hopefully someday the NHL will follow the NFL's example and take serious steps to protect goalies. I'm not holding my breath and I'll be shocked if Filip Forsberg & Co. aren't hitting goalies all playoffs long.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Ehh, he's nearing the end of his career. Poile just getting the 2017 band back together and give the guy a final shot at a cup run. Has more to do with Poile being classy than filling a need on the team. Well, other than maybe add some missing grit to discourage late regular season cheap shots on core players.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad