Confirmed Trade: [NYR/NSH] Cody McLeod for 2020 7th round pick

Jul 6, 2016
Nashville are beefing up their line up for the long-run. Boyle + McLeod....

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They probably just got him for his leadership and his locker room presence and other such nonsense.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
When he was acquired, 99% of Ranger fans did not like McLeod and were dumbfounded to find him in the lineup.
As he leaves, I’d say at least 50% of us, including me, found him to be a good useful player. Even with his hands probably damaged for life. He’ll be a net positive for the Preds. Good man.

Reactions: greasysnapper

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Mcleod is a good depth player. He plays a role. And the Preds need that come playoff time against some of the other big teams. Grit and toughness is so undervalued, but it's still a big time factor in the playoffs, especially when things start getting heated. You need to be able to bring a different element when strategy A isn't working.

Best part is though, I love when people on here think Poile got hosed by trading a 7th. The guys top 3 in executives and it's a 7th.

Reactions: preds1 and egelband

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
When he was acquired, 99% of Ranger fans did not like McLeod and were dumbfounded to find him in the lineup.
As he leaves, I’d say at least 50% of us, including me, found him to be a good useful player. Even with his hands probably damaged for life. He’ll be a net positive for the Preds. Good man.

I don’t know about that. There’s a very small portion of Ranger fans who think he was useful. It’s nowhere near 50%.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Mcleod is a good depth player. He plays a role. And the Preds need that come playoff time against some of the other big teams. Grit and toughness is so undervalued, but it's still a big time factor in the playoffs, especially when things start getting heated. You need to be able to bring a different element when strategy A isn't working.

Best part is though, I love when people on here think Poile got hosed by trading a 7th. The guys top 3 in executives and it's a 7th.

He’s really not a good depth player and he wasn’t worth anything.

Reactions: north49er

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Was kind of the point. Declaring them the Cup winners because they were making another trade before even having a remote idea of what it involved was a bit silly.

I liked the Preds to win it all since the beginning of the season. I like how they are built and I feel they deserve it.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Rangers are really starting the rebuild.

At least they are doing it in an honest way and not following the Pitt model which involves some of the most grotesque tanking in the sports history.

(I know it works, but there is a foul odor to it.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad