Confirmed Trade: [NYR/NJD] Michael Grabner for 2018 2nd round pick and Yegor Rykov

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If Rangers Grabner shows up good trade.........................if Leafs Grabner shows up bad trade
he had too big of a role in Toronto, and that Leafs team was (intentionally) hot garbage. He still got lots of breakaways but had a terrible shooting %, should be fine in NJ

Reactions: Mork

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That's what many of us stated. 2nd and just an ok prospect. IE: Not a 1st Rd pick.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Rangers did well here. Grabner is a bit one dimensional which was one reason he was available.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Decent return, got more then I expected them to get. Still a far cry from a "1st+" or a "2nd+top prospect".

All I can say is thank God that Rutherford didn't get him. Would hate him here.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I wonder if Gorton traded him locally as a solid to Grabner (so he won't have to leave his family), in order for him to sign back with the Rangers in the offseason.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Not the craziest notion. Grabner is great on a rebuilding team too. The Leafs wanted to bring him back during our down years, just didn't work out.

Reactions: KingWantsCup

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers must be very high on Rykov to trade with the Devils.

That being said, they will have seen a lot of him with Shestyorkin at SKA.

Would have been happy with a second and a prospect for Grabner. Don’t know anything about Rykov.

member 147413

Wow the Devils are LOADED upfront now. Nice but not great d group too would it be safe to say if they add a solid dman thell be one of the TRUE contenders?
Not this year, but soon I think. They need a few good pieces on D, and continued development from Zacha and Hiscier, maybe McLeod becoming an impact two way player as well.

They look good though.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Now Grabner's been part of the Islanders, Rangers, and Devils.

Also just checked his career stats: 25 goals and 6 assists this year, 156 goals and 88 assists career! That ratio is crazy :amazed:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yes he was.

Rangers so far have:
1 1st
2 2nds
2 3rds

None of the big fish have been traded yet. Most Rangers fans stated a late 1st, or a 2nd + would be a good return for Grabner.

That’s exactly what they got.

And if y’all don’t know who Rykov is, you didn’t watch the WJC’s.
Wanting more is greedy. I was greedy and wanted more for Weise at that time, but I am thrilled with the return looking back at it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad