Confirmed Trade: [NYR/NJD] Michael Grabner for 2018 2nd round pick and Yegor Rykov

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Rykov still something of an unknown Not sure he even plays in the NHL. May be a KHL guy permanently.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Not a fan of this trade for the Devils, this would be a move I expect to make when you’re contending not when you’re still building. Good haul for the Rangers though.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
It’s the same level of value. Fairly well known Gorton is more interested in prospects than picks.

I'm sure the Rangers are familiar with Rykov's play as well. He was on the same team as Buchnevich a few seasons ago and is currently playing with Shestyorkin. I think it's a very solid, fair deal...who would have thought that, on top of it being between the Rangers/Devils.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
giphy.gif

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Well I called the 2nd round pick. What the hell though the devils came out of nowhere. I did not exp cut them to snag it. I guess since there more likely to finish higher was a factory

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Some Rangers fans were sure it would be a 1st for Grabner. It'll be a mid to low 2nd and Rykov who may never play in the league. But that kind of 2nd is fair value for Grabner. Rangers have drafted well. Works out for both

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I mean it's hard to gauge a "win" in these deals. Grabner adds depth and scoring/pk ability to the Devils. No one in a 100 years thought Grabner would play the way he has with the Rangers. Potential 2nd round pick and a decent prospect is good value.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Rykov plays with our top G prospect with SKA St.Petes, a 2nd was the baseline for a trade; I'm sure our scouts have seen Rykov play a ton. Happy with the return, hopefully Grabs comes back in the offseason.

Reactions: MarkMessyay11

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
He's a 5th rounder from a couple years ago... who realistically never comes to NA. NYR was NEVER going to get a 1st.
I'm not gonna pretend I know much of anything about Rykov, but it's pretty obvious you don't either, so I'd recommend not basing judgment off of draft position 1.5 years ago.
And the Rangers have more than enough connections to SKA that they'd know if he wasn't coming over.

Reactions: belford222

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad