Confirmed with Link: [NYR/MTL] Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yikes!.. Not sure bout this one boys. Kristo has had his share of off ice issues.. Seems like a head case to me.. Why else would Montreal give up on a #1?.. Seems like his #'s were pretty good at ND..Played with Stepan and CK at the WJC..

He was a number 2. Just like Thomas.

z1co80

The Incredible Hank
Nov 30, 2007
Scotland
I find it difficult to believe you could ever hate a prospect :)

Is this the guy everyone was complaining about because he wouldn't pass to rangers prospects during the world jnrs a few years back?

Only when Bluenote likes them

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Kristo has never really looked right after his frostbite incident IMO.

Perhaps a slightly better overall player at this point...but Thomas has one tool (shot) that is better than anything Kristo's got.

*Bob Richards*

Kristo has never really looked right after his frostbite incident IMO.

Perhaps a slightly better overall player at this point...but Thomas has one tool (shot) that is better than anything Kristo's got.

Care to elaborate?

Apr 10, 2012
I like this trade.Thomas will look good in Montreal, but I doubt he'd ever look okay in ny. it's a pretty even trade, but maybe he'll syncup with stepan and krier

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Hmm. Interesting move. Stick him on the third line with Lindberg/Miller and just let em go?

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
How could this plan possibly miss?!

I was only half serious. Would be a nice experiment.

In all seriousness though, sounds like Callahan would be a good mentor for him? Kristo has more offensive skill, but they are similarly sized and can both play defense.

Punxrocknyc19*

imagine by the end of the year if one of the lines is Kreider Stepan Kristo...

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Habs fan here... so sad, I was waiting for Kristo for years. You guys should really be happy, and I mean it.

McDonagh and now Kristo...:shakehead

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I was only half serious. Would be a nice experiment.

In all seriousness though, sounds like Callahan would be a good mentor for him? Kristo has more offensive skill, but they are similarly sized and can both play defense.

Who knows if you'll ever see this guy play anywhere on the Rangers? In fact, I hope its just an AHL transaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad