Confirmed with Link: [NYR/MTL] Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo

Vidic15*

Is he still at North Dakota? Maybe has something to do with Tambellini going there.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
sheila_broflovski_what_what_158.jpg

Don't get this move. Not at all.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I have no knowledge of Kristo so I can't be upset, but I was enjoying Thomas' progress as a Ranger prospect.

Hopefully this turns out for the good.

Are there any scouting reports out there?

I've read a couple, lots of comparisons to Callahan actually.

Kershaw

Was never a fan of Thomas to begin with. Thomas was nothing special IMO. He has too many flaws in his game, mainly size oriented. His goal scoring decreased dramatically after he was looking like a legitimate prospect post draft year in the OHL. Had a solid rookie season in the AHL, but hardly a legitimate prospect. Like what I heard from Kristo over the years by Habs fans.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Is he still at North Dakota? Maybe has something to do with Tambellini going there.

No, he's going to play in the AHL next season. He might be NHL ready if you guys really need help on right wing. Very skilled and an amazing skater.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Maybe Rangers are looking to move some roster players soon? Kristo is probably NHL ready or at least he'll be with the wolfpack for sure.

Just speculating, doesn't seem like a bad deal though

Analyzer*

Maybe Rangers are looking to move some roster players soon? Kristo is probably NHL ready or at least he'll be with the wolfpack for sure.

Just speculating, doesn't seem like a bad deal though

Nah, Kristo needs time in the AHL. I'd be surprised if he made the Rangers. Some fans had him on Montreal, but that wasn't likely.

The sad thing is Thomas would have lead the Dogs last year in points and goals.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kristo is the more complete player

Kristo is an excellent skater. He has great top end speed, excellent acceleration, and great agility, allowing him to weave through opposing defenders and create plays off both the cycle and the rush. He has great puck protection skills, and effectively uses his edges, and low centre of gravity, to be strong on the puck, difficult to knock off a play, and able win battles on the boards. He plays a gritty two-way game, willing to get involved along the boards in both the offensive and defensive zones.

It is Kristo’s advanced defensive game that gives many hope that he can be a potential injury fill-in for the Habs this season, and a full-timer as early as next year. Kristo has excelled in all situations throughout his college career, been matched up against opposing team’s top lines, and tasked with killing penalties for UND. His on ice awareness has grown through his experience, and this will help him to be an effective pro.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/04/01/top-shelf-prospects-time-for-habs-to-lock-up-danny-kristo/

Hard working skill guy.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
I've Kristo play quite a few games for UND the last few years. I've always wanted to see Thomas succeed here but I like this move.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Seems his biggest negative is that he is a bit of a selfish show off. Likes to try to dangle through a team instead of looking for teammates. Maybe that will change with experience/age

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Seems his biggest negative is that he is a bit of a selfish show off. Likes to try to dangle through a team instead of looking for teammates. Maybe that will change with experience/age

He was the same way in the WJC.

Not a huge fan of this, but i'm basing it off of what I saw of him three years ago. If he's the same player i'm not happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad