Confirmed with Link: [NYR/MTL] Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
Seems his biggest negative is that he is a bit of a selfish show off. Likes to try to dangle through a team instead of looking for teammates. Maybe that will change with experience/age

He's the b*stard child of the playoff versions of Nash and Callahan.

Also has some attitude problems off the ice. Party boy big time, maybe him and DZ can get together.

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
He was the same way in the WJC.

Not a huge fan of this, but i'm basing it off of what I saw of him three years ago. If he's the same player i'm not happy.

He's improved, definitely. Still tended to try and dangle through a team this last NCAA season and his AHL stint, but not nearly as bad as his freshman year.

Remember Nash trying that spin move every damn time? Multiply that by 10, you have freshman Kristo.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I remember everyone here complaining about Kristo during his entire time at the WJC haha.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Huge fan of this. :vhappy:

Another NCAA kid. World Juniors teammates with Stepan, Kreider and Bourque.

I like this trade, watched Kristo alot the last few seasons, RB has it right, he's a better overall player and I like his playmaking and compete level. Plays bigger than he is at times. Fires his wrist shot with ease. Rh shot, I bet he can play LW though.

Drewbackatu*

Aren't they practically the same player? I know Kristo has a ton of upside, think he has played for team USA before.

He has size and more upside than Thomas. I don't understand what Montreal was thinking about here but should be a plus for us.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Well, it's clear what identity the Rangers are going for. "Big kid who can skate" sound familiar to anyone else?

Kristo's the more complete player and probably safer bet. Thomas could very easily end up the better goal scorer, though.

Dec 13, 2010
Don't get how as a Rangers fan you aren't ecstatic about this move! Kristo's playmaking abilities and speed are on par with the best in the NCAA, and he's got a nice shot too. Christian Thomas was a one-dimensional scorer, Kristo is a physical kid who works his ass off and throws his body around ON TOP of having the same sort of scoring ability. Thomas was never going to make it with this team, since he's got a top 6 skillset but not top 6 ability. Kristo can fit into a 3rd line role. He'll start with Hartford but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him play at least a game or two with the Rangers this season.

Punxrocknyc19*

He has size and more upside than Thomas. I don't understand what Montreal was thinking about here but should be a plus for us.

Thomas to fit with their many undersized forwards :laugh: i love this from the Rangers point of view. Rangers got a better player down the road..

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so a trade 3 days in a row:laugh:

I am fine with this cause I really dont know Kristo but hearing good things. Thomas is kinda small and never really thought he would develop.

When thinking of options this yr he didnt cross my mind much. So can Kristo play this yr in the AHL or is he College bound still?

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Liked Thomas, especially his shot on the PP< but I never saw enough that lead me to believe that he would overcome his size disadvantage.

At the same time, I loathed Kristo at the WJC due to his selfishness.

Meh.

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
so a trade 3 days in a row:laugh:

I am fine with this cause I really dont know Kristo but hearing good things. Thomas is kinda small and never really thought he would develop.

When thinking of options this yr he didnt cross my mind much. So can Kristo play this yr in the AHL or is he College bound still?

He ended the season in Hamilton after NoDak was eliminated.

SupersonicMonkey*

LOVE this move!!

I was never as high on Thomas as others. He has a great shot but he's small and weak.

Danny Kristo has a high skill level and isn't miniscule.

Great move.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Don't get how as a Rangers fan you aren't ecstatic about this move! Kristo's playmaking abilities and speed are on par with the best in the NCAA, and he's got a nice shot too. Christian Thomas was a one-dimensional scorer, Kristo is a physical kid who works his ass off and throws his body around ON TOP of having the same sort of scoring ability. Thomas was never going to make it with this team, since he's got a top 6 skillset but not top 6 ability. Kristo can fit into a 3rd line role. He'll start with Hartford but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him play at least a game or two with the Rangers this season.

That to me is the most significant part of this trade, rangers are lacking guys who fit into the bottom 6. They have a lot of potential top 6 guys, but few bottom 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad