Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Jacob Trouba signs with the Rangers (7 years, $8M AAV)

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Fair deal, good moves all around by the Rangers. An NHL team in Manhattan is be a GM on easy mode though

Reactions: gump116

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
Good job Rangers. The way they traded away their assets before their value bottomed out and got a ton of picks and prospects very quickly and now stealing Trouba in a trade and landing a big time free agent in Panarin with all those young prospects coming up behind them. This is the blue print.

maybe they should win something before you call them the blueprint

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Im not confident that Deangelo gets the PP time, I think Trouba is going to play 1:50. Just because his name is Trouba and he earns 8 mil a year in New York.
I don’t know. I think the order for Quinn for the power play is:

1. ADA
2. Shattenkirk
3. Trouba
4. Fox
5. Skjei
Then everyone else. I think the PP1 quarterback spot is DeAngelo’s to lose.

I hope he plays an extra d-man on the first and/or second unit instead of someone like Strome, Namestnikov, or Lettieri.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Devils fans: "Two seconds for a declining Subban at 9 million is awesome, but let's shred trading a #20 and the ghost of Matt Gilroy for a guy whose 25, making less money, and is a better player at this stage."
Since when is Trouba better than Subban? He should be in a couple of years but isn't right now.

TweetyLeaf

Feb 7, 2009
Finland
I don’t know. I think the order for Quinn for the power play is:

1. ADA
2. Shattenkirk
3. Trouba
4. Fox
5. Skjei
Then everyone else. I think the PP1 quarterback spot is DeAngelo’s to lose.

I hope he plays an extra d-man on the first and/or second unit instead of someone like Strome, Namestnikov, or Lettieri.

I really hope you are right, but as I said, I very much doubt it. Please do not take offense but from what I have seen, it is often in big cities (in Chicago also) where younger players get reduced time on ice because someone has "bigger name" (no matter the youngsters real performance). I hate when it happens, but it is common enough occurence.
Cant make a name for yourself unless given proper opportunity.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Glad to sign him to a long-term deal vs 1 year deal + 8 year extension mid-year. Contract is pretty much through the rest of his prime and stops when he'll be declining and avoids 2 extra years on the backend

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You’re acting as if it doesn’t matter when the d-men signed. You can’t disregard the different circumstances when it comes to stuff like this.

Sure it totally matters. But even if you look at cap hit percentage, he’s at 9.82% which I think still puts him somewhere in the top-20. When you factor in that he signed this deal as an RFA, that’s still pretty bad.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'm not
I think he's a solid #2. I don't think anyone is expecting prime Chara or Pronger. He is what he is. Money is fair, shouldn't be an awful retirement contract... no complaints, but I'm not throwing confetti out of a Manhattan window either. I'm just shocked at the negativity.

I'm not surprised.

Rangers sign a UFA they overpaid, even when presented that other teams were offering more. Happened with Panarin this year and with the Holik signing many years ago.

Sign Trouba to what is basically the equivalent of UFA contract, HF Boards springs into action.

I'm numb to the posters stupidity here

Reactions: BroadwayStorm

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
A little pricey maybe but not by much. It remains to be seen if he can handle really big minutes. Mostly been playing 21-23 minutes through his career.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I really hope you are right, but as I said, I very much doubt it. Please do not take offense but from what I have seen, it is often in big cities (in Chicago also) where younger players get reduced time on ice because someone has "bigger name" (no matter the youngsters real performance). I hate when it happens, but it is common enough occurence.
Cant make a name for yourself unless given proper opportunity.
None taken. But I don’t think so. Our coach isn’t like that. Shattenkirk was one of the first players that he scratched and reduced his time. ADA proved that he was a more than capable power play quarterback that deserves to play on the first unit. I could see him and Trouba together on that first unit. But Trouba will be used a lot at even strength and on the penalty kill anyways.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
A little pricey maybe but not by much. It remains to be seen if he can handle really big minutes. Mostly been playing 21-23 minutes through his career.
Its pricey for a minute but dmen salaries are about to get pricey now that the high end guys hit 11 . The next tiers will catch up.

Defensemen always lag behind forwards in pay but itll catch up a bit now

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Its pricey for a minute but dmen salaries are about to get pricey now that the high end guys hit 11 . The next tiers will catch up.

Defensemen always lag behind forwards in pay but itll catch up a bit now

He's only 25 so I don't see it like some big issue. Cap will keep rising and it's not like he's paid 10 million a year. Pretty reasonable all things considered. But as said, how will he handle 25-26 minutes?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
He's only 25 so I don't see it like some big issue. Cap will keep rising and it's not like he's paid 10 million a year. Pretty reasonable all things considered. But as said, how will he handle 25-26 minutes?
Does he need to ? Idk but if DeAngelo continues off his last season he should be able to handle close to 20 on the second line no ?
And then hopefully shatinkirk rebounds too

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Trouba's apparently very underrated around here. He's a real good player. Byfuglien was prioritized over him but he should get the role he's looking for with NYR.

Don’t let quantitative data get in the way of reason. Trouba doesn’t drive play well at all. What exactly makes him more than a 2nd pair guy?

How many #3s score 50 points?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad