Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Jacob Trouba signs with the Rangers (7 years, $8M AAV)

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Provorov is significantly better than Trouba, doubt he goes for less.

That’s not accurate right now. And he’s a RFA. Provy could get as low as 6.

Trouba is l better that Provorov in all phases of the game. Provorov is younger and may reach Trouba's level some day, but he Trouba is a much better player right now

Provy ceiling is number one D. Trouba seems to be #2.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
50 points this season got him paid, but I think he continues to be a guy capable of doing that for the next several seasons. I like it for the Rangers

Yeah he could land in that point range again, Rangers will score more goals this season than the previous and Trouba will likely be top pair defenseman. Pionk is going to be playing behind a better offensive team than the rangers were last season so he might also bump up in points.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Are you all Jets fans going to ignore my follow up post where I explain why Trouba is better?? Alrighty then.

p.s. I don't have rights to create a poll.

Of course not. Will Trouba be a better player in New York? Yes, I like Morrissey thank you very much.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

If we are in this potential ignoring Trouba who?

Honestly, because it is the Rangers.

If a different team signed Trouba (aside from maybe the Leafs and Habs) to that contract, the responses would be overwhelmingly positive. Especially if it was a small market team. All we would be reading is how great it is for said team to get a legitimate top pairing defenseman locked up during his prime on a fair contract.

But because it is the Rangers and they are an easy target, Trouba is now vastly overpaid and went from being a top pairing guy to a solid #3.

There are so many fans of different teams who use that, I'd bet it's more of living in the past and everytime when seeing a bigger contract it has to be an overpay, ignoring all the recent signings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2