Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
muLX7.gif

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Let's trade Kreider and Zib for picks so we can finally win that damn tourney!
Most overrated tourney. Good for the younger less developed prospects, but there's little to be garnered for the older or more advanced ones. I can't get excited for how a prospect plays against other kids when I'm expecting them to hold their own in the NHL or even the AHL that season (aka ppl complaining Chytil wasn't in the tourney last year as if that makes a difference for Chytil and who cares if the team does better at Traverse).

So happy to see these two signed can't wait for training camp so hard!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't believe this for a second, because it's simply not allowed to even negotiate with them as long as they are under contract

Unless they’re given permission. Not the same as releasing a player early, which would allow them to sign the actual contract, but they can still agree on terms with the effective date being whenever it’s allowed.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Unless they’re given permission. Not the same as releasing a player early, which would allow them to sign the actual contract, but they can still agree on terms with the effective date being whenever it’s allowed.

Which is probably the case. The only reason they weren't released from their contracts, at least Kravtsov, was due to the lockout implications.

Reactions: Tawnos

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I think the Rangers would like to make Igor feel as comfortable as possible in New York, so they will select his teammate of 3 games, Podkolzin with the 2nd overall pick.

Also with another goalie moving up the organizational ladder, Gorton would be wise to use one of his early picks this year on a goalie.

:sarcasm:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Feels like Rykov won't be coming over this year. It's also possible they're waiting to see how Hartford shapes up and how many pro contract slots they have left before deciding on Reunanan and Rykov for this season. I would think, because Rykov's rights are indefinitely due to lack of KHL transfer agreement that Reunanan is higher on the priority list this off-season/training camp. They could have enough slots to offer both a contract. But they can't offer both or maybe either to play many meaningful games in the NHL due to current D glut.

Tarmo should stay in Europe another season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad