Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
So, I have an honest question. How difficult is it really for a goalie (Shesty) to make the switch from European sized ice to NA sized ice? I've never played goalie, but I wouldn't think it should be that different. I could see it being a challenge the other way around (from NA sized to Euro sized), but wouldn't think the angles would change as much since opponents would already be taking shots from those areas on the larger ice. Just wondering because, from what little I've seen of the prospects camp, he looks pretty good already.
Calling Nevesis.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I am sorry but comparing Quinn to AV makes my head hurt. One was an obnoxious gum chewing mumbling *****ebag that arbitrarily benched better players, the other takes the time to try and make the players he coaches better and communicates clearly, there's nothing arbitrary.
One of the more asinine comparisons that I have seen on these boards. And that is saying a lot. There was no rhyme or reason for AV's benchings. Quinn used his benchings as teaching moments. And the players responded.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Couldn't care less re Calder, as long as they play well.
Next season could be like this was, with full handful of deserving guys; then Calder is just a voter's crapshoot

I love Ranger players winning individual awards. And I am not talking about the "Mark Messier leadership" award or other BS.

I want Rangers to win the Calder, Art Ross, Richard, Selke, Hart, Vezina.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I love Ranger players winning individual awards. And I am not talking about the "Mark Messier leadership" award or other BS.

mark-messier-canucks.jpg

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Couldn't care less re Calder, as long as they play well. Next season could be like this was, with full handful of deserving guys; then Calder is just a voter's crapshoot

If they're competing for the Calder, it means they're playing well.

BS, man, we'd all like that.

my point is, this year Heiskenen was not even a finalist,
and he had a great teenage rookie season, playing top 4 and in all 82 games.
if we get that level of contribution from Krav, Kakko, and/or Fox, maybe others, i will not be worrying about how the press votes

Reactions: BobMarleyNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
my point is, this year Heiskenen was not even a finalist,
and he had a great teenage rookie season, playing top 4 and in all 82 games.
if we get that level of contribution from Krav, Kakko, and/or Fox, maybe others, i will not be worrying about how the press votes
He was 4th? To Petterson, Dahlin and Binnginton?

I dont know what you're arguing.. He was in competition/contention with all the best rookies...

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I cant wait to see Kravtsov and Kakko battle it out for the Calder

He was 4th? To Petterson, Dahlin and Binnginton? I dont know what you're arguing.. He was in competition/contention with all the best rookies...

so actually we agree,
i was responding to post pasted above,
and to a trail somewhere re "had 2 guys from same team competed for Calder?"
Lets have a season where all of Krav, Kakk, Fox, maybe more, are all so good they get Calder votes

but in today's NHL, with so many talented and ready kids, making it to the final 3 can be a bit arbitrary, if NYR get great seasons from multiple guys, they could split each others votes ..

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Not to take this OT, but do thing the Rangers might try Kravtsov in the middle?

I know AK doesn't like the idea

Kravtsov has played there a bit but I wouldn't call him a center. I think it'd be folly to try to force a rookie into a position he's not used to. At least Chytil and Andersson played center before being drafted

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
So, I have an honest question. How difficult is it really for a goalie (Shesty) to make the switch from European sized ice to NA sized ice? I've never played goalie, but I wouldn't think it should be that different. I could see it being a challenge the other way around (from NA sized to Euro sized), but wouldn't think the angles would change as much since opponents would already be taking shots from those areas on the larger ice. Just wondering because, from what little I've seen of the prospects camp, he looks pretty good already.
It's arguably the toughest for the defensemen, because of so little time before you're getting an opponent all over you, but it's a transition for goalies as well. The angles are different and it's more intense on a small rink, you have to expect shots from everywhere more so than on big ice. The tempo is also higher.

Euro players usually had to play in the AHL to adjust, but nowadays the transition is a bit smoother, because they're so well prepared, mentally and physically and technically skilled. That the goon hockey is basically also gone plays a part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->