Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
From the beginning of his article today:

I'd imagine he meant to say "their standard entry level contracts". Here is the rule from the CBA :

He has said many time before that he's not a CBA guru, I would guess he just assumed every ELC has to be a 3 year deal. Teams don't really have any leeway on ELCs

And as I said: I'll wait for some official news.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Carp is a terrible writer that gets paid to literally re-write what happened during a game everyone watched

He’s too lazy to actually differentiate the ELC contracts on his article. He’ll only do so when people start to shit on him via twitter

He probably is all giddy he got this scoop before Larry. Can’t think of the last time Carp has broken anything of value

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Carp is a terrible writer that gets paid to literally re-write what happened during a game everyone watched

He’s too lazy to actually differentiate the ELC contracts on his article. He’ll only do so when people start to **** on him via twitter

He probably is all giddy he got this scoop before Larry. Can’t think of the last time Carp has broken anything of value

It's not much of a scoop though. This is the hockey equivalent of saying "Tomorrow will be Tuesday"

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
You're the smallest Dutch man in the history of Holland. Everybody is a giant over there.

It's true. I think they are the second-tallest country in the world. Everyone seems to be at least 6 feet tall, but my boss was about 5'5" and I worked with a guy that was maybe 5' 3" or 4 at best. AK is officially the third-shortest Dutchman.

I'm also disappointed that he doesn't skate. They have some great skaters there. Come on Steven, you're supposed to skate the canals in the winter.

Reactions: Fvital92

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

He’s too lazy to actually differentiate the ELC contracts on his article. He’ll only do so when people start to **** on him via twitter

Haters gonna hate. I've enjoyed Carp since his lohud blog days. Being associated with the athletic, the premier NHL news source, most certainly had its perks.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
https://nypost.com/2019/04/15/range...w&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Shestyorkin, the 23-year-old goaltender (24 in December), has a contract clause that would allow him to return to Russia if the Rangers were to assign him to the AHL Wolf Pack, The Post has learned. Management apparently is confident, however, that would not be the 2014 fourth-rounder’s intention if he needs time in the AHL to adapt to the North American game. The netminder’s entry-level contract will be for two years because of his age.

Looks like Shesty has the Euro assignment clause. Brooks also corrected Carp's mistake about Shesty's ELC being 3 years; it's only 2 like we knew.

Reactions: Ori

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Carpy scooped brooks here not for nothing lol

Don’t like the Euro Escape clause Shesterkin got. But I’m not surprised and won’t be surprised if he hates Hartford after 10 mins and a couple AHL paychecks.

This makes me nervous. He’s gotta go earn his spot

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Don’t like the Euro Escape clause Shesterkin got. But I’m not surprised and won’t be surprised if he hates Hartford after 10 mins and a couple AHL paychecks.

He said in an interview the other day he’d go to Hartford. It’s definitely a step back for him, but it’s to take a big step forward too, plus he’s good enough to come in and force the issue. Plus, Tolvanen got a European out claus too and stayed this year. I’m not worried about it

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Buch had the same clause and he didn’t leave when he got sent down to Hartford, and Shestyorkin said he would absolutely go to Hartford if that’s what the Rangers wanted and debunked that article that came out claiming he’d refuse to play there

Reactions: egelband

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Well, it’s settled. Lundqvist has to go. Or Georgiev. Maybe Shestyorkin spends half a year in the AHL at best. That sucks, man. Hopefully he’s true to his words and toughs it out. Or he’ll earn a spot in the NHL. That works, too.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Well, it’s settled. Lundqvist has to go. Or Georgiev. Maybe Shestyorkin spends half a year in the AHL at best. That sucks, man. Hopefully he’s true to his words and toughs it out. Or he’ll earn a spot in the NHL. That works, too.

I am OK with giving Shestyorkin full benefit of a doubt and trading either Georgiev or Lundqvist.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
@Amazing Kreiderman do you have the games played by position for Kravtsov that you posted for Kakko recently?

Is he strictly a RW or does he have the versatility that Kakko has?

I was surprised that Kakko played as many games at LW compared to RW+C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad