Confirmed with Link: NYR have Signed Igor Shesterkin and Vitali Kravtsov to ELCs (Confirmed by NYR)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was honestly slightly concerned about Igor not signing, and demanding a European out-clause if he did sign. This offseason just keeps on getting better and better.

Well, the details of the contract have not been released. Carp said it's a 3-year deal so he's already wrong about that

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Well, the details of the contract have not been released. Carp said it's a 3-year deal so he's already wrong about that

From the beginning of his article today:
Igor Shesterkin, the goalie long considered the heir apparent to Henrik Lundqvist, and forward Vitali Kravtsov, the first-round (No. 9 overall) pick in last June’s draft, both agreed to their standard three-year contracts.

I'd imagine he meant to say "their standard entry level contracts". Here is the rule from the CBA :

Based on age, the players offered an NHL entry level deal must be offered the following:
  • Age 18-21: Three-Year Deal
  • Age 22-23: Two-Year Deal
  • Age 24: One- Year Deal

He has said many time before that he's not a CBA guru, I would guess he just assumed every ELC has to be a 3 year deal. Teams don't really have any leeway on ELCs

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->