Confirmed with Link: NYR claim Adam Cracknell off waivers from Dallas

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Haha that would be silly...almost as silly as using Desharnais on the PP...

How is using Desharnais on the PP silly exactly? He's always been a good offensive player
Couldn't have been for very long; Cracknell doesn't have a PP point in his entire career.

Yea it was just a few games but it should never happen. I believe Cracknell had one random hat trick or two goal games and then Lindy decided he should be a top line forward.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah. Let's replace one rookie with another because the one is lacking experience. My God, Larry Brooks is basically bernmeister now.

If they don`t get TOI - they don`t get the chance to develop @Amazing Kreiderman , if it was concerning young players like DeAngelo they need TOI - barely 3 minutes ice time with DeAngelo for Stepan is not ideal. It`s better to rest him and train some weeks with the team - then play him again for 20 minutes TOI when he regain his confidence. AV is good to get players cold again due to line rotations. It`s obvious he kept him for PP unit - AV is under pressure after G3. And that`s facts, so free the kittens let them play.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
A coaches #1 job by far is to win games. Developing our younger players is important but it should rarely if ever come before winning games. In regards to rookies or younger players a coach has to coach. Just throwing them out there while they are over their head does no good. AV coached Kreider through some bad times. Ditto JT Miller. Ditto Hayes. Ditto Brady and Buch last season. If you just let them play through all their mistakes without any repercussions at all they are not going to learn as much as they can from their mistakes.

Reactions: bl02

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I see nothing wrong with this. The 4th line has needed some jam and the team desperately needs help on the PK.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, but they should send Chytil home too - if they know what they are doing. Martin Ødegaard still is world class talent consider his age in soccer, but he don`t play with Real Madrid first team, because they know what they are doing with talents in that sport. The pass from Zucc in pre season OT landed on Chytil stick - perfect pass - u don`t need to be talented to score on it. Our 4th line grinder - who got 10 games penalties when he almost hit the refree scored on a similar pass from Zucc in playoffs years ago. I don`t remember his name - he was from flyers. Anyway it`s off topic..

But I like the new singing. And some Star fans mentioned they needed a roster spot so they decided to waiver him.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
How is using Desharnais on the PP silly exactly? He's always been a good offensive player

The last 3 years say otherwise.

Using him over a player like Hayes, who is one of the most offensely gifted talented players on the team, is laughable.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I have soft spot for Cracknell, having watched him a lot with the Las Vegas Wranglers a decade or so back. The guy busted his butt to get to the NHL.

IMO he's a cheap spare part/4th line plug & play type of guy.

He's not going to solve any of our bigger problems, but he can bring some value to the team.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm more frustrated by the fact that, with minimal ice time, in a game the Rangers lost 8-5, AV suddenly decided Chytil wasn't cutting it. The whole team was hot garbage.

Saying the team was 'hot garbage' all night against Toronto is true but one of the issues with Chytil in his limited time is his losing his man when the other team has the puck. The Rangers mounted a comeback when they benched Filip and put Miller in at center. That's just true. At that point as shitty as parts of the game were it could have swung our way. The third period goal that the Rangers challenged IMO should not have counted and the subsequent Toronto power play from losing that challenge that led to another Rangers penalty that led to a Toronto power play goal and a 2 goal lead pretty much finished us off. The fact of the matter is replacing Chytil with Miller helped get the Rangers back into the game and was a good coaching decision. That we lost anyway was more due to a questionable decision from the NHL's war room IMO.

Reactions: Revel

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Saying the team was 'hot garbage' all night against Toronto is true but one of the issues with Chytil in his limited time is his losing his man when the other team has the puck. The Rangers mounted a comeback when they benched Filip and put Miller in at center. That's just true. At that point as ****ty as parts of the game were it could have swung our way. The third period goal that the Rangers challenged IMO should not have counted and the subsequent Toronto power play from losing that challenge that led to another Rangers penalty that led to a Toronto power play goal and a 2 goal lead pretty much finished us off. The fact of the matter is replacing Chytil with Miller helped get the Rangers back into the game and was a good coaching decision. That we lost anyway was more due to a questionable decision from the NHL's war room IMO.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, be happy. This means they're not giving Desjardins a contract.

That narrative that AV hates young players has been proven false multiple times over already.

Yeah but he hates Chytil, and this is the end of Chytil's season.

If he's going to hate a young player for no reason, why can't he hate Vesey's garbage ass?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah but he hates Chytil, and this is the end of Chytil's season.

If he's going to hate a young player for no reason, why can't he hates Vesey's garbage ass?
You seriously think AV hates Chytil 3 games into the kids NHL career after praising him all preseason? C'mon now. Vesey has been good too, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. He's been the best player on his line.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Saying the team was 'hot garbage' all night against Toronto is true but one of the issues with Chytil in his limited time is his losing his man when the other team has the puck. The Rangers mounted a comeback when they benched Filip and put Miller in at center. That's just true. At that point as ****ty as parts of the game were it could have swung our way. The third period goal that the Rangers challenged IMO should not have counted and the subsequent Toronto power play from losing that challenge that led to another Rangers penalty that led to a Toronto power play goal and a 2 goal lead pretty much finished us off. The fact of the matter is replacing Chytil with Miller helped get the Rangers back into the game and was a good coaching decision. That we lost anyway was more due to a questionable decision from the NHL's war room IMO.

It was such a great decision that the D-double-OCD had to move Miller back to wing the next night for no reason while Hayes shits the bed at center, all the while dressing 11 forwards so he can scratch Chytil and DeAngelo at the same time, giving huge minutes to his Rattle-Binky pairing of Holden and Kampfer.

The 10th circle of Hell is just a room where AV fills out a lineup card chuckling to himself.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You seriously think AV hates Chytil 3 games into the kids NHL career after praising him all preseason? C'mon now. Vesey has been good too, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. He's been the best player on his line.

I got that from him playing Chytil 9 minutes in 3 games and scratching him when we literally didn't have a 12th forward. Not a ringing endorsement.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I dunno anything about this guy but his name is awesome.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh and here's the best part: the Rangers finally won thanks to Hank's 9 quadrillion save effort, so now Prometheus thinks he's a coaching genius again.

Get ready for two months of Holden-Kampfer and Death-Famine-Zuccarello.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad