Confirmed with Link: NYR claim Adam Cracknell off waivers from Dallas

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If they don`t get TOI - they don`t get the chance to develop @Amazing Kreiderman , if it was concerning young players like DeAngelo they need TOI - barely 3 minutes ice time with DeAngelo for Stepan is not ideal. It`s better to rest him and train some weeks with the team - then play him again for 20 minutes TOI when he regain his confidence. AV is good to get players cold again due to line rotations. It`s obvious he kept him for PP unit - AV is under pressure after G3. And that`s facts, so free the kittens let them play.

He won't be here all season. I think people need to relax. This isn't a video game where you make an 18yo play like a star

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The NHL is not a development league. Can't just hand out minutes to an 18yo kid.

I'm also not sure Adam Cracknell solves our problems. We have no top 9 forward depth. A few of these guys go down and we are a 2 line team.

I would've given him the full 9 games. Need to see more. He's barely played so far.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Oh and here's the best part: the Rangers finally won thanks to Hank's 9 quadrillion save effort, so now Prometheus thinks he's a coaching genius again.

Get ready for two months of Holden-Kampfer and Death-Famine-Zuccarello.

There's nothing this coach can do where you will give him any credit, man.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
To think that AV "hates" a young player is preposterous. He's had nothing but good things to say about Chytil. But no, obviously he hates him because he benched him in game 3.

He's an 18 y/o rookie who was never going to play more than 9 games this season in the NHL. The NHL is not a development league for that kind of situation.

The coach doesn't hate him. Guess he hated Buchnevich last year too. Really hated his guts.

Anyway, back on topic...

Cracknell is a good pickup, but doesn't completely solve our forward depth problems. Something else needs to happen. If Shipachyov is traded for without sacrificing too much, then you gotta do it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm also not sure Adam Cracknell solves our problems. We have no top 9 forward depth. A few of these guys go down and we are a 2 line team.

I would've given him the full 9 games. Need to see more. He's barely played so far.

We f***ed our depth when we traded Stepan. As much as many disliked the guy, he was our best center and we traded him, forcing us to play a teenager because we have 0 centers good enough in the system to join the team. Cracknell is a good 4th line option to have. It's a free asset. People act as if he is going to see top 6 minutes.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You seriously think AV hates Chytil 3 games into the kids NHL career after praising him all preseason? C'mon now. Vesey has been good too, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. He's been the best player on his line.

And the fact that Vesey was one of our best forwards in some of the games in playoffs says something. Vesey not top line player like Buch is but hes not a 13th forward like some on here make him out to be.
Chytil will be good one day but he's just simply not ready right now.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Mac n Gs

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It was such a great decision that the D-double-OCD had to move Miller back to wing the next night for no reason while Hayes ****s the bed at center, all the while dressing 11 forwards so he can scratch Chytil and DeAngelo at the same time, giving huge minutes to his Rattle-Binky pairing of Holden and Kampfer.

The 10th circle of Hell is just a room where AV fills out a lineup card chuckling to himself.

IMO the team doesn't have great depth at forward. Adding Cracknell might make it marginally better. Have to wait and see.

Holden and Kampfer each played pretty well. They weren't spectacular--aren't really capable of that like Tony D. but they were efficient at the defending part. There was less traffic in front of the net, cross slot/crease passes and deflections from the slot area that made the defending in our own zone against Toronto an abomination. There is a major difference though between Montreal and Toronto's offensive profiles. One is just so much better than the other. Should AV and Ruff have found more ice time for DeAngelo?--yeah, it would have been nice.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
To think that AV "hates" a young player is preposterous. He's had nothing but good things to say about Chytil. But no, obviously he hates him because he benched him in game 3.

He's an 18 y/o rookie who was never going to play more than 9 games this season in the NHL. The NHL is not a development league for that kind of situation.

The coach doesn't hate him. Guess he hated Buchnevich last year too. Really hated his guts.

Anyway, back on topic...

Cracknell is a good pickup, but doesn't completely solve our forward depth problems. Something else needs to happen. If Shipachyov is traded for without sacrificing too much, then you gotta do it.

Buch looks terrific this year. Sometimes guys don't mature physically and mentally as quickly as we like.
I know its only three games but in all three zones hes aggressive with and without the puck.

Lets see what Cracknell can do. He's probably better than Carey. When Fast comes back our fourth line will not be an issue.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Smart pick up. Necessary player.

Good Saskie boy for the 4th line.

11 NHL forwards on the roster now. This isn't a world beater by any means but he adds a lot that this team is missing.

Another RH shot.

Big body.

Grinder.

Will drop the mitts.

Not soft..

Smart pick up.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
This move has nothing to do with Chytil - our whole 4th line has 0 pts. after 3 games.

BlaqICE

Apr 10, 2007
N.Y.
Why not bring up someone from Hartford? I liked Lettieri in the preseason better than Chytil anyway. He's a high energy guy, gets in quick on the forecheck. He seems like he'd be a good fit for the 4th line?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Why not bring up someone from Hartford? I liked Lettieri in the preseason better than Chytil anyway. He's a high energy guy, gets in quick on the forecheck. He seems like he'd be a good fit for the 4th line?
Agreed have to admit not a huge sample size but Lettieri was definitely high energy and probably should have got a look over Carey

Reactions: BlaqICE

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I got that from him playing Chytil 9 minutes in 3 games and scratching him when we literally didn't have a 12th forward. Not a ringing endorsement.
Yeah? What about in the Avs game where it was a penalty slop fest and Chytil wasn't on a special teams unit so his ice time got limited? Or against Toronto where the team got obliterated in the first period, so AV shortened his bench and moved a young vet in Miller up the lineup to try to salvage the game? You're trying to spin this into an anti-AV narrative, when in reality, Chytil is an 18 year old kid who looked great in the preseason, but not so great against full NHL lineups. He's made poor reads, lost his man in the defensive zone, and hasn't had that same spark with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone.

Now remember that I'm saying this as a guy who wants Chytil playing (especially over DD at ES and 5v4), but I'm not going to try to contort reality to suit an agenda. The kid isn't ready yet, and that's perfectly fine. Let him get another couple of games and then send him home. Now regarding Cracknell, I like this move a lot because I've thought Carey has been pretty poor compared to most on here. He's a great AHL guy, but at the NHL level he's a 14th F at best. Cracknell can help them establish a physical game, while actually not being a detriment on the ice. He can play center, but he shouldn't.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I have soft spot for Cracknell, having watched him a lot with the Las Vegas Wranglers a decade or so back. The guy busted his butt to get to the NHL.

IMO he's a cheap spare part/4th line plug & play type of guy.

He's not going to solve any of our bigger problems, but he can bring some value to the team.

Depth is always good as long as a player doesn’t bring baggage, so the signing is ok by me.

I’m honestly not familiar with the player.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
AV hates young guys so much the Buch, Miller, Hayes, and Vesey are all seeing increased ice time this season and Fast who's first full season in NA under AV got a cup of coffee and then wasn't back until March is sorely missed now.

All of these five players were scratched under AV and each time the board was ready to tar and feather him. Really like what I've seen from Chytil but he's a little outmatched and needs to learn the DZone, decision making, and gain some more strength. Remember, he's barely 18.

Cracknell will be here for this year and add some grit to the 4th line that is a mess until Fast gets back. Nothing wrong with letting Lettieri get big minutes in Hartford and learn his craft and then call him up for a spark later in the year.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The AV bashing when it comes to young players is so off base. Who has he ruined? Nobody. He doesn't hand minutes to rookies and he shouldn't. We aren't the Yotes or the pre McDavid Oilers.

His methods work. We know all the home grown players who have developed and improved under AV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad