Confirmed with Link: NYR claim Adam Cracknell off waivers from Dallas

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
He's a good 4th liner. My time living in Dallas included going to a lot of games featuring this guy. Good bottom 6er/4th liner but nothing else and if misused will be a disaster

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Gorton tired of smurfs - so it was probably his decision. I still don`t think Ruff should automatically be our next coach if we fail to reach playoffs. It depends who are available at the time in my opinion.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Gorton tired of smurfs - so it was probably his decision. I still don`t think Ruff should automatically be our next coach if we fail to reach playoffs. It depends who are available at the time in my opinion.
We can pray for Quenneville or Trotz

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I agree with L. Brooks - a solid point. But we need to do something with our 4th line - so I can see Lettieri get a call up if he can continue his good pre season with Wolfpack.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Maybe Carolyn isn't a "big name blogger" but she's VERY well respected in the "analytics community", one of the best in the business.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Wow, not often that HF speculates on a move and it comes true.

Does this spell the end for Chytil?
Yes, for sure. AV was quoted after the game last night saying he would talk with Gorton about Chytil today. Cracknell isn't a coincidence

Reactions: Revel

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
There was a stretch last year where Ruff played Cracknell on the top line and on the top PP
Couldn't have been for very long; Cracknell doesn't have a PP point in his entire career.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Yes, for sure. AV was quoted after the game last night saying he would talk with Gorton about Chytil today. Cracknell isn't a coincidence
The 4th line is a weakness, Chytil can't be playing there if he's staying around. JG needs to make upgrades there and free players will get
Writing was on the wall for Chytil. Shouldn't be too surprising this acquisition happened.
I don't think this has anything to do with Chytil. The 4th line is pretty bad, they need it to be a strength again, has to be able to take some defensive assignments. Chytil is either a top 9 player or he's out but before that the 4th line had it's own issues.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Release Desjardins from PTO, send Chytil to Zlin.

Run with 12F until Fast comes back:

KZB
Nash-Miller-Zucc
Grabner-Hayes-Vesey
Carey-DD-Cracknell

Fast comes back, and then Cracknell/Carey can rotate on the fourth line.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Chytil should still get another game or so. This claim shouldn’t end his cup of coffee

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers are at 23 players right now--24 when Fast gets back. Unless someone else gets injured a player will have to go as we'll be one player over the limit. The most obvious candidate right now for that is Chytil. I would like to see Filip in another game or two though--see if he can pick his game up.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Maybe Carolyn isn't a "big name blogger" but she's VERY well respected in the "analytics community", one of the best in the business.
FWIW I wasn't trying to make fun of this person, I was just legitimately curious if this was some new hockey insider that I wasn't yet aware of. Didn't mean any harm and wasn't trying to be cute, was genuinely just looking to learn who she was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad