• Indifferent

• Don't like it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Are we eating any of the contract? If not, it's a really good deal. iirc he has movement protection after this year, and he hasn't been worth close to what we're paying him. Plus, getting rid of him helps us with next year.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
This moves clears a lot of cap space, which is probably more important than the lack of haul in return.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Hmm. Fine with getting a 1st for Skjei even if it’s a late 1st. Surprised we weren’t looking for more of a hockey trade where we packaged him for something that can impact the roster sooner. Maybe we’ll flip the pick later.

Fine with keeping Kreider as well. We definitely need to address left side defense now and there aren’t really any hitting UFA so there’s likely a deal coming at the draft or over the summer.

Still have a 3 headed goalie problem. Really hope Chytil can grab a top six spot next year. We need a bit more grit and depth up front which can be signed and we need left D solutions. It’s Lindgren, Staal, Smith, Hajek, Rykov right now.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Hmm. Fine with getting a 1st for Skjei even if it’s a late 1st. Surprised we weren’t looking for more of a hockey trade where we packaged him for something that can impact the roster sooner. Maybe we’ll flip the pick later.

Fine with keeping Kreider as well. We definitely need to address left side defense now and there aren’t really any hitting UFA so there’s likely a deal coming at the draft or over the summer.

Still have a 3 headed goalie problem. Really hope Chytil can grab a top six spot next year. We need a bit more grit and depth up front which can be signed and we need left D solutions. It’s Lindgren, Staal, Smith, Hajek, Rykov right now.

Not entirely...

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
This could be a pretty good pick, will be hard for Carolina to get to the conference final, which would push the pick to the last 4.

A nice asset to have when teams put players on the market in the summer, or just draft another first rounder.

Gr8CornHolio

Feb 20, 2020
Devils get ALL of that for Vatenen and we can only get a 1st for Skjei???? FIRE GORTON

Well we had Claesson this year and gave him away for nothing. so they basically got him for a good prospect, 4th rd pick, and garbage.

I'd take the 1st over the return the devils got

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Some on this board would have a complete meltdown if the Rangers traded a first for a player like Skjei (Glad i dont have to check the spelling on his name anymore, but wish him luck in Carolina)

Good move.

Skjei's game has dropped off considerably and this buys some needed cap space.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I will say, I'd be mad as a Canes fan. Skjei is their 3rd best LD when healthy. You don't pay 3LDs $5mil a year

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
In recent years, we've drafted Miller, Lundkvist, Chytil, and Skjei himself in the area where this pick probably falls.

I'm good with this. A late first is still a decent asset plus we cleared cap space that we badly need. Skjei needed a change--he probably turns it around eventually but that's fine.

Good trade. I'm not saying you can't still hate the Kreider deal, but all of the "Gorton f*** us, we now have no space to sign other people" stuff is now much less of an issue. Particularly if Lundqvist leaves and they move out Staal or Smith in the summer.

Reactions: UnderPSI

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Only gripe I might have with this is that bromance, sad Troubs and sad people in general.

But this is business, I'm aware of that. Happy with the first.
Maybe there is more to it behind the scenes. Best friends can sometimes be a bad thing. Kind of like dating someone you work with. Gets in the way of what your supposed to do on your job. Too exclusive? Lol.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Most of the people I’ve seen be upset by this are horny girls on twitter

These bitches be thirsty out here

Who could blame them?

HUBlakeville_north_Brady_Skjei_medium.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad