• Indifferent

• Don't like it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Holy shit bro. We have 4 threads on this. haha, what a mess!

Very good deal, based on which pick we actually get and more maybe?

Had to be done cap wise. Could have been done at the draft?

We'll think of someone else regarding Seattle.

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
All that preseason crap about the Trouba/Skjei brotherhood and they could never even figure out how to play together. WTF. Nothing worse around here than hope disappointed, and Brady was all of that after his first year.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Carolina gave Kuokkanen and a 2nd for rental Vatanen. Honestly, a 1st by itself would be pretty disappointing
It's atrocious IMO

Just handing them a 2nd pair defense ma that is cost controlled for a little more than a rental Vatanen

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I’m glad they pulled off the trade for Skjei. This money accommodates the squad moving forward.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Thank god!

Sell while his value was "high". Not sure what happened to him but his last 2 years he has just be declining. Zero hockey senses at all. This made me feel MUCH better about the terrible Kreider contract.

Pick will be around 20 overall, not bad.

Reactions: Kallio

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's atrocious IMO

Just handing them a 2nd pair defense ma that is cost controlled for a little more than a rental Vatanen

Well it turns out that the Vatanen trade is a Kuokkanen + 4th that can be a 3rd depending on how many games they get.

Given that it just came out, makes me wonder if there’s anything else to Skjei.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
All that preseason crap about the Trouba/Skjei brotherhood and they could never even figure out how to play together. WTF. Nothing worse around here than hope disappointed, and Brady was all of that after his first year.

Only gripe I might have with this is that bromance, sad Troubs and sad people in general.

But this is business, I'm aware of that. Happy with the first.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
This is the best news. Dream scenario.

Skjei has consistently underwhelmed since Year 2. Thrilled to see him go, and more elated to clear up that cap hit. Trouba, wake up - you’re the next frat bro. Play with heart and let’s go...Unbelievable news. Returning a 1st round pick for 76? Christmas.

In JD and Gorton, I trust.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
There was always going to be cap casualties if we re-signed Kreider. I'm glad it was Skjei and not someone else (so far). Plus, we get a 1st out of the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad