Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BUF] Jimmy Vesey for a 2021 3rd round pick

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I remember that he told Nashville that he would sign with them after his 4 years at Harvard were up. He went to their development camp several times and then signed with Boston. Now the Rangers and then Buffalo. Will he play for all 32 teams?

I feel sorry for Buffalo getting this hose bag! Two thirds is too much for him and his personality issues.

He never signed with Boston. He was born there but never had any ties to the Bruins.

For a third we got a legitimate bottom-six winger. I’ll take it. He’s not lived up to the hype he got that summer a few years ago but he’s been a pretty consistent third-line type and the Sabres’ bottom six was atrocious. He’ll help and he can really play on any line. Adding about 17 goals per season isn’t bad for the price. Buffalo has no secondary scoring and he can help there. He’s similar to Sheary but overall better and I think he still can hit 20 goals in the NHL. I’d like to see what he can do with Eichel or Mittelstadt. Not enough Sabres went to the net last year so he’ll help in a lot of areas.

Not a blockbuster but a solid acquisition by Buffalo and a decent return for the Rangers for a player that wasn’t in their plans anymore. Good trade for both, although I never thought I’d see the day Jimmy Vesey would step foot on the ice for the Sabres after that whole attempt we threw at him the first time. This comes after TWO Buffalo GMs traded for him. I’m happy to have him now.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Vesey is fine if he's the 6th best guy in your top six and can ride the coattails of better players. In that role 20 goals isn't out of the question. He's just incredibly streaky and inconsistent.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Hes going to leave you wanting/expecting more.

That said, hes not a bad player and will get you the 30-35 points.

There will be many nights where you wonder if he is dressed

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Was just coming to say they used two 3rds to get him.

Gotta wonder if he regrets giving the Preds the finger...

Probably not. The immature rarely regret anything. JV is probably trying to figure out which northeastern US team he is going to after his contract is up with the Sabres. Let's see, the Devils (how ironic), the Pens had a down year for them... The Flyers are probably out because they play a physical game.

Good luck Buffalo!

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
So he's better than people that dont play in the NHL that's fantastic. You sure showed him.

And has a Harvard degree, which is a bigger accomplishment than what 99% of people on HF have ever accomplished

Probably not. The immature rarely regret anything. JV is probably trying to figure out which northeastern US team he is going to after his contract is up with the Sabres. Let's see, the Devils (how ironic), the Pens had a down year for them... The Flyers are probably out because they play a physical game.

Good luck Buffalo!

Vesey plays a hard nosed game and isn't afraid of physicality at all. Swing and a miss

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I've come around on this... I like it as long as it's not our only forward addition this summer. The Sabres have a couple good defensive players in their bottom six (Larsson, Girgensons). What they really lacked this past season was any offense whatsoever from the bottom six. Vesey should be able to help with that, and you can move him or Sheary up and down the lineup based on who's going or not.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
And has a Harvard degree, which is a bigger accomplishment than what 99% of people on HF have ever accomplished

Vesey plays a hard nosed game and isn't afraid of physicality at all. Swing and a miss

Vesey averages less than a hit per game. He goes to the net, which is nice, but he's not a physical player.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hes going to leave you wanting/expecting more.

That said, hes not a bad player and will get you the 30-35 points.

There will be many nights where you wonder if he is dressed

Sadly, we have a lot of experience with that phenomenon. :biglaugh: We just went through a season with half a dozen players upfront that fit the description in your post plus or minus ( OK minus ) 10-15 points.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

That is comical for a guy who is a third line NHL player, a liar and a mercenary. I don't think that many posters on HF are jealous of him and everything that he has accomplished with that Harvard degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00