Recalled/Assigned: Nyquist up, Tatar down

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Abby is not garbage. He's being misused. He's a hammer when we need a screwdriver. Stick him on the 4rth line as a winger tasked with hitting and occasionally fighting while playing sound defensively and it'll be good. I believe he will improve when kept within his role and ability as he gets older. We can't do anything about his pay.

He's garbage in any role he plays. He's average ay every aspect of the game. In my mind, that's worthy of saying your garbage. God damn guy couldnt even score with the top 2-3 playmaker setting his ass up. Guy couldnt hit the ground if he was falling. Sorry but he's not being misused, he's just not that good.

I would rather see a cheap, younger, Sheahan, Andersson or Ferraro then him. They could do everything he does and be cheaper.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
:cry: When I saw it first...
:rant: When I used to it...
:shakehead: Now im still confused

but...

what I want now is Tatar demanding a trade somwhere out of this team

look what other teams are doing with their rookies...

Join the club, buddy. Just makes no damn sense at all. ONLY, and ONLY if they plan on showing teams Nyquist for trade bait..

I was really disappointed. DRW were one of my favorite teams growing up so I will always like the team but the way they are treating Tatar is just not nice. The guy is really talented and all his talent is going to waste, he needs to play with the best. If he is not allowed to do that in the NHL, he should do it in KHL. Trade him or lose him.

Cant say i disagree. I thought they misused Hudler a lot as well, personally. Not sure what happened in 09 after that cup run but it seems as though maybe it just took the wind right out of holland and Co's decision making abilities.

crashman

That's really one of my problems with this coach/front office. They like to preach the work hard and earn it line. Yet they hardly seem to practice that tenet. Seems like you are either favored or you aren't. This is the exact opposite of the way a team should be run when transitioning to younger players.

I find the Babcock and Holland bashing a little ridiculous around here, but moves like this do make me question their integrity. They've become stubborn hypocrites.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That's too bad. You shouldn't have saved up all your rookies for the same year:)

Next year, it only gets more crowded
We compete for the cup/playoffs every year and then developing young players is a little bit slower and not as it should be.
I love Tatar's game, he is the most dynamic player in offensive zone we have, he is great to watch. But he has to learn the game in all 3 zones. He might stay down for 1 game or for 10, but I think we will see him back. He has to polish his game in the other 2 zones.
Datsyuk wouldn't be half the player he is today if it weren't for Hull and some of the other veterans.

From the way he treats his sticks to the way he thinks the game, Pavs was greatly influenced by the veterans. He's stated it many times in interviews of how great their impact had on him. Z too.

It's a shame that Holland apparently doesn't value that anymore. Just think of what Smith could've learned from Lidstrom. Or what Nyquist and Tatar could both be learning from Z and Pavs. If we want to keep a solid core in the future they need to learn how to be a "Red Wing", and the best way to do that is by being with guys like Z, Pavs and Nick on a daily basis.
And if we pile up all rookies, who are they going to learn from?

I firmly believe Babcock wants to iron out the team's defence and there is no doubt that our defence is weak, so our forwards have to help out. Tatar is not one of those players who can help our defence and our defencemen.
Andersson is a center, is a big body, his game is more rounded than Tatar's, he stays.
Tatar will be back.
Now we have to see what Nyquist can do.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
And if we pile up all rookies, who are they going to learn from?

Do you think we're going to sit guys like Dats, Z, Filp, Franzen, for the rookies? We're talking about sitting plugs like Eaves, Miller, Abby, Cleary. Guys that don't make much of a difference in the lineup.

Your excuses are getting pretty old man, and as always, nonsensical.
He has to polish his game in the other 2 zones.
That's crap. Tatar is no worse in any of the zones than Brunner or Abby.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I find the Babcock and Holland bashing a little ridiculous around here, but moves like this do make me question their integrity. They've become stubborn hypocrites.

and now they scratched Tootoo instead of Abs, Cleary, Eaves or Miller. Tootoo is another person who has more than earned his playing time and deserves more ice time, not being scratched.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I was gonna start a poll asking if Ken Holland is still a 'genius' but I figured the answer would be an overwhelming...

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I was gonna start a poll asking if Ken Holland is still a 'genius' but I figured the answer would be an overwhelming...

I have yet to hear one convincing arguement from those who think he is beyond the following
-hiring hakan who subsquently found, scouted and drafted dats and zetts
-moving out older garbage players after the cap came to be inexchange for moving out young and upcoming superstars such as dats and zetts
-saying sure absolutely we will offer you the most money when rafalski came calling
-trading a 2nd rd pick for brad stuart at the trade deadline
-firing lewis and hiring an obvious choice in babcock to be coach
-and about 18 years ago trading a $1 for kris draper and trading primeau for shanahan

other then that he as GM inherited a team coached by the greatest coach of all time possibly in all of sports loaded with Yzerman, Federov and Lidstrom, then bougt whatever star players he could pre-salary cap era(sorta like the NY Yankees) and then decided not to trade away datsyuk, zetterberg or lidstrom in the post-salary cap era, does that sum it up?

kdfsjljklgjfg

Apr 4, 2007
Gloversville, NY
other then that he as GM inherited a team coached by the greatest coach of all time possibly in all of sports loaded with Yzerman, Federov and Lidstrom, then bougt whatever star players he could pre-salary cap era(sorta like the NY Yankees) and then decided not to trade away datsyuk, zetterberg or lidstrom in the post-salary cap era, does that sum it up?

In the cap era, he's done well with cap management, but I'm not sure what else I can say for him.

His conservativeness is a blessing and a curse. We've avoided hugely overpaying for big free agents that weren't worth it and we can keep pretty much our entire team, a playoff team, when the cap drops by $10m.

But on the other hand, our "deadline acquisitions" are 30 point injured players coming back.

I REALLY hope that this year he's pushed to make a move by us having what, 8-9 NHL defensemen and like 16 forwards? There's no better time than the present to ship out quantity for quality.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
In the cap era, he's done well with cap management, but I'm not sure what else I can say for him.

His conservativeness is a blessing and a curse. We've avoided hugely overpaying for big free agents that weren't worth it and we can keep pretty much our entire team, a playoff team, when the cap drops by $10m.

But on the other hand, our "deadline acquisitions" are 30 point injured players coming back.

I REALLY hope that this year he's pushed to make a move by us having what, 8-9 NHL defensemen and like 16 forwards? There's no better time than the present to ship out quantity for quality.

i would say he had that luxury post cap era because of three reasons, the three main reasons we were successful;
-datsyuk
-zetterberg
-lidstrom

he never had to make any tough decisions because they had been made 8-15 years earlier by someone else

he was already in a position of luxury

shero is not a great GM because he didnt trade away crosby, only a moron would do that and the same goes with KH in regards to those three superstars

if his greatest achievement is "not screwing it up" then to me thats not an accomplishment at all, as its like saying "well at least I didnt go to jail," umm you're not suppossed to go to jail...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I have yet to hear one convincing arguement from those who think he is beyond the following
-hiring hakan who subsquently found, scouted and drafted dats and zetts
-moving out older garbage players after the cap came to be inexchange for moving out young and upcoming superstars such as dats and zetts
-saying sure absolutely we will offer you the most money when rafalski came calling
-trading a 2nd rd pick for brad stuart at the trade deadline
-firing lewis and hiring an obvious choice in babcock to be coach
-and about 18 years ago trading a $1 for kris draper and trading primeau for shanahan

These are the thing that people have seen him doing as a GM. Nice work.

But imo biggest thing Holland has done for our organization is his that behind-the-scenes building work for our whole scouting system as a director of amateur scouting, with Devellano's methods. Devellano was picking guys, but Holland builded the system that went deep and everywhere. Holland started his job few years before our home-run draft at '89. That was the first big achievement Holland has done for this team. Hiring the personnel, building and educating the new people in the system.

That system slipped a bit from being effective in the years at both side of millennium, then it has been re-tooled and it looks our prospect core is again one of brightest in whole league without high picks. This "Red Wings + Griffins Total Control" -machine will be the greatest Legacy Holland ever leaves for this organization. Re-tooled scouting system and development plan that keeps us as a contender over generations.

Holland's earlier trades and signings are just some minor work compared in this. The whole Machine they have built will be his greatest masterpiece, and we will start seeing the results in few years.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Out of all this, I still am not sure that I see what everyone else sees in Tatar. I'm not saying he's bad or anything. He's definitely got some offensive skills. But a player like Andersson fits the team a lot better right now. We're digging trenches and trying to hold the line. One dimensional players are ok if their one dimension is elite. The kid did good while he was up here but I don't feel obligated to keep him up like the rest of you.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Out of all this, I still am not sure that I see what everyone else sees in Tatar. I'm not saying he's bad or anything. He's definitely got some offensive skills. But a player like Andersson fits the team a lot better right now. We're digging trenches and trying to hold the line. One dimensional players are ok if their one dimension is elite. The kid did good while he was up here but I don't feel obligated to keep him up like the rest of you.

What's your feeling on zero dimension players like Cleary?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The difference is that Andersson fits the team we have better. But Tatar fits the team people want to have better.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
So Babs expects Nyquist to be able to get into a rhythm on his first shift with Pav and Mule?? Because, we all know he likely won't see more than 5-7 shifts with Pav and if he has one bad shift, then it's back to the 4th line.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The difference is that Andersson fits the team we have better. But Tatar fits the team people want to have better.

I know. But since the team we have is the team we have then Andersson fits pretty well. When the rest of you finally have your way and turn the Wings into the next Oilers then maybe one dimensional goal scores will fit better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad