Recalled/Assigned: Nyquist up, Tatar down

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
It sucks that both aren't up but at least tats isn't being bumped for Sammy or Bert. With Holland's recent comments I wonder if this could be permanent.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Does anybody know if there are any rules on how many games an eligible player can play with the NHL team before it changes his situation.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Does anybody know if there are any rules on how many games an eligible player can play with the NHL team before it changes his situation.
If the player's on a two-way contract, I'm pretty sure they can go up and down as much as needed.

RedWingsNow*

What a ****ing joke. We've got guys who aren't pulling their weight at all.

One of the only good reasons to watch Red Wings hockey is now in Grand Rapids

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
The genius strikes again! Let's take the guy who's scoring goals, buzzing around and creating chances and send him down......

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Interesting move. I'm not sure if I agree with it, but then again, Babs knows the players chemistry much better than I do.

Would love to see him play with Dats for a few games. They seem to have done well together a few games in the past.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
As if there's no use for both Tatar and Nyquist.

I hope this means Gus will be on Datsyuk's wing and Abby/Cleary is moved to the 3rd line.

RedWingsNow*

Better send a kid who finds a way to score big goals despite crappy minutes back to the AHL so that Dan Cleary and Justin Abdelkader can weigh down our superstar center.

I wonder if the Wings were showcasing Tats for a trade. Would be best for everyone involved.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Ridiculous.

The next time Babcock or Holland recite their line of "the best players play. Period." remember this move and realize they are both completely full of ****.

Move should have been: Nyquist up. Cleary on waivers (with there being an absolute 0% chance any other team would pick him up and he could go down and rediscover his "game").

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Kenny Holland is a brilliant GM and Babcock the best coach in the world. This move was made for a reason and will prove to be genius. You'll see, just. No really, it is....

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
What would be so terrible with a Nyquist-Datsyuk-Tatar line? They would probably have problems against St.Louis first line, or Bostons first line.. but hey, all teams don't have big physical top lines...

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
What would be so terrible with a Nyquist-Datsyuk-Tatar line? They would probably have problems against St.Louis first line, or Bostons first line.. but hey, all teams don't have big physical top lines...

Silly, Mindfly. Datsyuk is needed on a shut down line. You can't waste him with guys that have an ability to be offensive! Common sense, man!

RedWingsNow*

While this line is small and lacks strength...It would be sooooo much better than than Abs-Datsyuk-Cleary

Pavel would buy those kids a LOT of space. And unlike BlunderTwins, they have the offensive skill to make something happen with space.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ridiculous.

The next time Babcock or Holland recite their line of "the best players play. Period." remember this move and realize they are both completely full of ****.

Move should have been: Nyquist up. Cleary on waivers (with there being an absolute 0% chance any other team would pick him up and he could go down and rediscover his "game").

Not that any of us care at this point, but not a chance Cleary clears waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad